Fellow Killer Mains - What's your take on the Ebony Mori?

Hey all!

Xbox Killer main who is currently Rank 1 Killer this season, but I also get to red ranks as Surv most seasons (Rank 2 this season) and I wanted to throw my chip in the pot for changing the ebony mori and get your opinions on it as well. I like to think of myself as a very empathetic Killer main, in that I rarely camp or tunnel (unless deserved), I let survivors go in certain situations, and I hate using Mori offerings (namely the Ebony). I play very very much like HybridPanda who is my favorite streamer.

I don't particularly like using mori's... As I would much rather use Blood point modifiers, hook placement modifier's, black wards, or map offerings. But mostly I don't use them because I also play surv and know how much it sucks to go up against them. They are literally game changing. And while sometimes knocking out a member of a 4-man SWF evens the odds, those circumstances are a bit rare (don't get me wrong 4-mans are extremely overpowered).

I have to admit I am also a HUGE Devour Hope fan. I use it way too often since I don't use Ruin and it has won me a lot of games, and getting a DH Mori is oh so satisfying and just the best feeling (and earned honestly).

I would love to see the Ebony Mori be changed. Here are my two different thoughts:

  1. UR Mori only becomes available after at least two hooks (although this might encourage MORE camping and tunneling)
  2. Do away with it altogether and make the current Green single use Mori an Ultra Rare and change the old Yellow Mori to a Purple Very Rare mori that allows a single Mori after the gens are powered regardless of any hooks
  3. Keep mori's the way they are but guarantee at least a safety pip from the moried survivor. Maybe even a pip if they have done enough up to that point

I personally only use Mori's for kill challenges, or i'll equip one to payback a super toxic player/ team I have previously played.

Also in my opinion, I can't see how anyone objectively thinks Ebony Mori's in their current state are fair. I know there are several outs with Survs and their perks but the Ebony trumps them all honestly.

What are all of your thoughts?

-Mike

Comments

  • I personally don't use them most of the time, they're too expensive to just throw around willy nilly. If I can smell a premade team of try hards maybe....I might use it. But for the most part it stays out of my offerings unless its a special occasion.

  • If it’s in the game I’m using it pure and simple

1 2 ›