Killer afk = ban?

If the killer goes afk during the match, is this bannable?
Having a discussion right now. I say it´s not bannable. But the other person argues that since survivors can´t get benevolent emblems its bannable.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • I don't know about bannable, but it is a crappy thing to do. 
  • @Russ76 said:
    I don't know about bannable, but it is a crappy thing to do. 

    Worse than disconnecting because someone is at the door?

  • There are still ways to safety and pip even when the killer's afk, so I don't think it holds the game hostage and hence, it cannot be termed as a bannable thing. 
  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    I don't see why it would be. Just finish the gens and leave. I've gone AFK before as a killer for some random reason (my dogs acting up, getting sick, someone at the door, etc) and I figure it's better than DCing the game and costing people points.

    I agree. I often have to leave to attend the door. Happens both as survivor and killer. Usually i´m dead as survivor, but sometimes im lucky.

  • Ultimately the answer is no its not banable. Real life sometimes comes up, and instead of DCing, the survivors get a chance to get their objectives and leave, which is more points then the default dc values.

  • Tsulan said:

    @Russ76 said:
    I don't know about bannable, but it is a crappy thing to do. 

    Worse than disconnecting because someone is at the door?

    I should have been more specific.  Going afk doesn't bother me.  Going afk when the match starts and staying afk bothers me.   Played 5 matches yesterday and 2 in a row had the same killer who doesn't move the entire match.



  • @Russ76 said:
    Tsulan said:

    @Russ76 said:

    I don't know about bannable, but it is a crappy thing to do. 

    Worse than disconnecting because someone is at the door?

    I should have been more specific.  Going afk doesn't bother me.  Going afk when the match starts and staying afk bothers me.   Played 5 matches yesterday and 2 in a row had the same killer who doesn't move the entire match.

    Unless it´s Freddy, you can still get chase points by running in front of him.

  • nod... but generator simulator is boring.  as I said things happen, but shouldn't happen 2 full games in a row.  I think the killer was watching at the end of game 1 as they readied up quick enough to get me in the next match.. and they readied up in that lobby as well. 
  • Tsulan said:

    @Russ76 said:
    Tsulan said:

    @Russ76 said:

    I don't know about bannable, but it is a crappy thing to do. 

    Worse than disconnecting because someone is at the door?

    I should have been more specific.  Going afk doesn't bother me.  Going afk when the match starts and staying afk bothers me.   Played 5 matches yesterday and 2 in a row had the same killer who doesn't move the entire match.

    Unless it´s Freddy, you can still get chase points by running in front of him.

    I've
     never seen anyone afk in a full match that wasn't Wraith or Freddy.

    But it's just a +0 pip for no effort. If you leave quickly, it's a net gain for BP. Technically you can report for afk, but it's fine IMO.
  • As far as I'm aware their is only 3 thing that are bannable over than out right using cheats.
    1 Dcing but the ammount required is incredibly high
    2 holding the game hostage
    3 botting
    You aint doing any of them, so no it isn't bannable.

  • I go AFK sometimes to derank. If i have to go run an errand, take a shower or do something il throw on the wraith and start a match.

  • @Russ76 said:
    nod... but generator simulator is boring.  as I said things happen, but shouldn't happen 2 full games in a row.  I think the killer was watching at the end of game 1 as they readied up quick enough to get me in the next match.. and they readied up in that lobby as well. 

    Then why do survivors gen rush almost every match?
    I´ll never understand this.

  • Sounds like an old botter coming back to the game but doesn't realize his bot doesn't work anymore.

    They used to be a thing a long time ago - but BE was really good about making them extinct.

  • This content has been removed.
  • RemoveSWF said:

    @Russ76 said:
    nod... but generator simulator is boring.  as I said things happen, but shouldn't happen 2 full games in a row.  I think the killer was watching at the end of game 1 as they readied up quick enough to get me in the next match.. and they readied up in that lobby as well. 

    "Generator simulator is boring"

    Rages hard and false reports every killer who actually kills him

    Survivor mains, ladies and gentlemen.

    I have never reported anyone for killing me.  I do report people for DCing, but if I wanted a game where I couldn't die I would see if my 4 year old nephew had any Thomas the Train games.

    Tsulan said:

    @Russ76 said:
    nod... but generator simulator is boring.  as I said things happen, but shouldn't happen 2 full games in a row.  I think the killer was watching at the end of game 1 as they readied up quick enough to get me in the next match.. and they readied up in that lobby as well. 

    Then why do survivors gen rush almost every match?
    I´ll never understand this.

    I don't just sit at a generator taking my time, but I don't rush either.  As long as not in a chase I open chests and cleanse any totems I come across.  In the games I play my gens are never the first done.  That said unless my toolbox is yellow or better I use it to 99 the hooks near me.  On very rare occassions do I take a BNP to a match..  (read 4 or 5 times since I got the game in December and 3 of those were in January before I understood BNP)

    And part of the reason for Gen rushing is what else do the survivors do?  there are no other real objectives yet.