Pallets
I'm new to the game and I feel like there's a lot I don't understand as a survivor.
For example, are there specific killers that can go through pallets without breaking them? I saw the little guy (Legion?) scoot right across one yesterday. Also, I was thinking the nurse could maybe blink through them so I shouldn't waste time knocking them over? What are all the killers that aren' held up a few seconds by downed pallets?
Comments
Part of legions ability is to be able to fast vault pallets (Be careful though, he has an addon that breaks them as he goes over them).
as for nurse, a well timed pallet drop can stun her while she's in between blinks, and you are correct she can blin through them.
there is a perk that helps counter pallets quite heavily, it's called "Spirits Fury", and once a killer has kicked two pallets, the next pallet that hits the killer with be destroyed.
there are a couple of killers that can "manipulate" pallets, the first being doc, depending on the addons he's using fake pallets can appear, if this is happening touching the pallet (running through it) will make it disappear.
the second killer that manipulates pallets is Freddy Rework, he can create fake pallets that you interact with but will explode and do nothing to freddy.
I am going to assume you are in the lower ranks, so with Legion, he or she can only vault pallets quickly when they have his or her power on. Nurses you may be able to use pallets to block hits and sometimes even stun (very rare in higher ranks though). But it is better to always try to lose line of sight with Nurse. Remember to try to make use of pallets by looping as much as possible before throwing it down, people in low ranks tend to instantly waste pallets. Above post is really good at describing everything else I missed. XD
here is a little guide to how pallets affect certain killers:
Don't forget that Spirit can fake phase walk, tricking survivors to vault to them. I fell for this once to a Spirit Beads Spirit. I am really a stupid survivor XD
Legion can vault over them
Hag can teleport only if she placed a trap on the other side
Nurse can blink thru it as if it wasn't there in the 1st place
These three are the only one who can technically ignore pallets if they get thrown down
I like how you said wraith has nothing at pallets but pig can stealth. Wraith can do the exact same thing lol. Pick a side, uncloak and catch them when they commit to a side, like pig.
@Carpemortum yes and no.
the big difference here is, that pig can get out of her stealth quickly and attack, by simply standing back up or by starting a quick dash attack, surprising survivors who lost track of her.
wraith does not have that choice, once he tries to leave his invisibility, he makes a directional sound, combined with a big slowdown and visual clues. he is very easy to spot and therefore can easily be avoided by the survivor just vaulting the pallet. all in all his uncloak just takes too long.
so yeah, he could potentially do that, but it wouldnt help him - at least not against decent survivors.
Thanks! This is very helpful, especially Mister_xD's detailed explanation!