Freddy's old playstyle will be missed.
I think im not alone, but there are still not many of us that have mastered Freddy in his current state. And i cant but to feel sad that we are losing our most enjoyable killer in this game to this new rework. If this rework had been a completely new killer in addition i would be thrilled, but since it is taking away my favorite thing in the game again (endgame piggy). Im not really filled with joy.
Old Freddy had something no other killer in this game had. He had the option to truly be the dreammaster. And to toy with his survivors, without getting punished trough genrush among other things. He was the master of information and the unknown. Always knowing where you where without you knowing where he was. He could be right behind you and suddenly appear infront of you. No other killer gave you this much control and choices in the trial.
A true dreammaster was near impossible to escape without a bit of luck or strong cooperation. And even then it could simply not be enough if he chose to kill you.
This new reworked Freddy has nowhere near the potential old Freddy had. And his power also no longer rewards the so much desired playfulness that old Freddy provided. He simply joins the rank of so many other killers where a chase must be followed trough or you will lose.
I know many people disagree, but to be frank. Those people have never seen or played Freddy the way he excels at. Those that come with the argument that he is weak because of the dream transition. Simply do not know where his strenghts lie, but we who do can morn about the passing of our dreammaster...
Comments
To be honest I am absolutely disgusted with the rework. I vowed to get him P3 before the rework and put him to bed since he will be just like the rest of the cast. I see why he is weak to some but I got this beautiful man to rank 1 without touching an addon. He was so unique and fun to play :(
Yea, old playstyle where you are pressing M2 to wait 7 seconds so you can then use your M1. What a playstyle lol.
He is way stronger and better with his rework now.
You are not alone
I put 100s of hours into Freddy, when I started streaming I ONLY played Freddy on stream 5-10 hours per day, roleplayed him endlessly. Played him to rank 1 without ruin or noed, played him perkless I loved him so much.
Then the rework,.... none of the builds I ran are even useable and its like a new killer. He needed adjustment but not a complete rework, most of the people "happy and excited" about the rework never played Freddy much too begin with and wont be playing him much after he is released, I will be sticking to Hag, its just not the Fred I know and love anymore.
Gonna miss you old friend.
RIP my Devour Hope and Class Photo add-on Freddy build