Does BHVR Think the Majority of Survivors Are Bad?

Comparing last year to now, from my viewpoint, a rank 12 or above survivor is much better than a rank 12 or above survivor from 2018.

I really don't see why so many of the balance decisions are heavily made, or solely rest just on how they impact low-rank survivors, who usually have less than 48 hours spent into the game.

I mean, there are games that have a MUCH higher learning curve than Dead By Daylight. Look at DOTA 2 for example... That game has an insane learning curve (different genre though, so it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I digress). Nonetheless, I'd say you're not expected to survive more than 50% of the time if you have less than 48 hours spent learning the game.

From my viewpoint... MOST survivors have "gotten good" since Legion came out. Anybody with more than 48 hours of time spent in the game has learned pretty much how to carry themselves.

Does anybody else think that BHVR thinks survivors in general are worse than they really are?

Comments

  • I feel like people think the survs are better than they really are.

    Besides,if they actually balanced around "low ranks"/bad survs then Billy and Nurse would have been nerfed into the ground already.

  • I don't think they think they're bad.

    I think they think they're casuals.

    They obviously know way more than i do, but i simply look at the achievements and see that very few actually even go past rank 10.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    I feel like people think the survs are better than they really are.

    Besides,if they actually balanced around "low ranks"/bad survs then Billy and Nurse would have been nerfed into the ground already.

    No, if i were to guess, they're afraid of backlash on nerfing those 2.

    A nerf on Self Care was cancelled out of fear of backlash.


  • @Andreyu44 said:

    I feel like people think the survs are better than they really are.

    Besides,if they actually balanced around "low ranks"/bad survs then Billy and Nurse would have been nerfed into the ground already.

    I view it more as a calculated decision that if they tweaked those killers, then you would have to be a freakin' mind reader in terms of playing less viable killers against VERY skilled survivors in red ranks. Unless you were just amazing at reading survivor's biases for interpreting your red stain mindgames, every other killer main would just either purposefully derank or just leave the game entirely.

    I mean, I've run games at Rank 1 where as Nurse my chases were 40 seconds or less with max generator stall perks, and I still managed to only finish the game with 1 generator left. That's how incredibly rushed for time you are in red ranks.

    You have to end chases in 40 seconds or else you lose.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564460#Comment_564460

    No, if i were to guess, they're afraid of backlash on nerfing those 2.

    A nerf on Self Care was cancelled out of fear of backlash.

    But they did something way worse than simply nerfing SC.

    They nerfed healing.

    And now the no-heal meta exists.

  • I mean they aren't wrong which how much hand holding there is in this game, players wont always seek to improve because half the job is done for them.

    Which is bad, they need to rework this entire thing.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564467#Comment_564467

    But they did something way worse than simply nerfing SC.

    They nerfed healing.

    And now the no-heal meta exists.

    Which apparently didn't generate as much backlash as they predicted for Self Care.

    I mean, i don't see them complain, i see them run Adrenaline.

  • @Plu said:

    I mean they aren't wrong which how much hand holding there is in this game, players wont always seek to improve because half the job is done for them.

    Which is bad, they need to rework this entire thing.

    Pretty much, yeah. Obviously, you need perks like Windows of Opportunity and Deja Vu to introduce new players to the mechanics of the game. But you don't want something like old MoM to creep into the game that mitigates risk (get hit 3ร— and get 1 free hit) for newcomers but it's insanely overpowered for people who know how to use that 1 free hit to do crazy things like 100% safe unhooks in front of killers face (noobs won't know you could do this).

    That said, if map reworks are not good enough, I'll probably just play Deathgarden. There's only so much Nurse I can play before I'm bored of the whole ordeal.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564470#Comment_564470

    Which apparently didn't generate as much backlash as they predicted for Self Care.

    I mean, i don't see them complain, i see them run Adrenaline.

    Well,survivors adapted to the changes (like many killers were suggesting ) and Adrenaline is a must for an optimal game nowadays.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564476#Comment_564476

    Well,survivors adapted to the changes (like many killers were suggesting ) and Adrenaline is a must for an optimal game nowadays.

    That sounds normal.

    Optimal game requires optimal gear.

  • @tehshadowman33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564472#Comment_564472

    Pretty much, yeah. Obviously, you need perks like Windows of Opportunity and Deja Vu to introduce new players to the mechanics of the game. But you don't want something like old MoM to creep into the game that mitigates risk (get hit 3ร— and get 1 free hit) for newcomers but it's insanely overpowered for people who know how to use that 1 free hit to do crazy things like 100% safe unhooks in front of killers face (noobs won't know you could do this).

    That said, if map reworks are not good enough, I'll probably just play Deathgarden. There's only so much Nurse I can play before I'm bored of the whole ordeal.

    @tehshadowman33 More people should play Deathgarden. ๐Ÿ˜€

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564476#Comment_564476

    Well,survivors adapted to the changes (like many killers were suggesting ) and Adrenaline is a must for an optimal game nowadays.

    Yep. Although, apparently, the good survivors even before the healing nerfs had figured out healing was a waste of time anyways.

    It's just that knowledge has proliferated so widely, among streamers to their fanbase and among friends, that it's pretty much if you've had the game for a week, you can know what to do and NOT to do to win your games as survivor.

    Hell, you'll even learn that you just need to get that hatch if your survivors don't know how to team. Even a good survivor will die if they don't pay attention to what pallets have been used by their teammates!

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564481#Comment_564481

    That sounds normal.

    Optimal game requires optimal gear.

    Which is why natural selection of strategy makes all the survivors better. It's been a No Heal meta for a long time now.

    I don't see the current meta changing unless the map reworks makes it VERY DEADLY to remain injured AND it takes less time to heal another survivor teammate (solo heals should always be taken at face value to where it would take LESS amount of time to find someone and get healed.)

    It's a terrible idea to make balance changes as if healing's still a thing. Any perks that revolve around healing are pretty much seen as Hahaha, that's nice lol, don't need that.

    It's like BHVR doesn't want to acknowledge what they have unintentionally created.

  • Yep. At least Deathgarden doesn't do hand holding, and you have better stealth in that game as the weaker role than in DbD.