What do survivors use in high ranks against killers?

I'm a rank 10 killer now and I tend to stay around that rank (10-13) cause I'm not a regular player, and I keep reading posts about survivors doing loops or gene rushing, can someone please tell me what are those things? I mean, by logic I get them, but I haven't played a single time against players who annoy me as a killer, maybe cause of my rank, but still, the only thing I've encountered (I think) is DC ers (rage quitters), but everything else is ok to me (killer main).

I mean, I use perks that let me know where survivors are so, they usually get 3 generators done maximum per game, and I usually get 4/4 or 3/4. I also try to stay around one side of the map so that the last generators they have to fix are close to each other, which makes it more difficult for them to fix.

Comments

  • Generally speaking, Although, it is not really gen-rushing. If survivors actually attempt to complete their objective quickly by the games current setup you can do so within 5 minutes. Which does not give the killer that is not high-tier ie Billy/Nurse/Spirit enough chance to get enough momentum rolling without severe survivor mistakes. Looping generally speaking at high ranks (not people swfing up to high ranks) can make almost any loop last the maximum amount of time with also using vaults and stuff to delay your interaction with them. These are what people deem 'good' survivors. The ones that can play the map in their favor that do not need a pallet to save them 24/7. Common perks that I use for survivor: Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, Lithe (Because it is the best exhaustion perk), and Iron Will. Stealthy quick get away. With bonus of either adrenaline or BT to prevent camped hooks at EGC.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    Generally speaking, Although, it is not really gen-rushing. If survivors actually attempt to complete their objective quickly by the games current setup you can do so within 5 minutes. Which does not give the killer that is not high-tier ie Billy/Nurse/Spirit enough chance to get enough momentum rolling without severe survivor mistakes. Looping generally speaking at high ranks (not people swfing up to high ranks) can make almost any loop last the maximum amount of time with also using vaults and stuff to delay your interaction with them. These are what people deem 'good' survivors. The ones that can play the map in their favor that do not need a pallet to save them 24/7. Common perks that I use for survivor: Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, Lithe (Because it is the best exhaustion perk), and Iron Will. Stealthy quick get away. With bonus of either adrenaline or BT to prevent camped hooks at EGC.

    But are this considered "bad behaviour" conducts for killers? I mean, you're doing your best to survive aren't you? I'm asking this as a self proclaimed good killer, I mean, do killers actually complain about this as survivors complain about tunneling or camping?

  • Killers complain about looping cause it is boring and time sinking.

    Number of pallets at maps and distance between them (especially on certain maps) can give survivor safety for long amount of time sufficient for others to complete all 5 gens. Half of pallets are not-mindgameable cause you can see Killer and drop pallet as soon as Killer about to reach you and move to another while he is breaking it.

    Looping itself is an behavior when survivor reaches pallet and start to run around obstacles utilizing different size of frame of models. Killers have bigger frame, so they take larger circles around obstacles which lowers difference in speed. You can make 2-5 loops around depending on initial distance. As soon as Killer builds Bloodlust Survivor drops pallet to reset it and cycle starts anew.

    It is very boring for Killer, and sometimes frustrating.

  • You'll understand when you go up against survivors with 1000s of hours.

    They tend to be very efficient with their looping, which means conserving pallets and winning mind games.

    Not to mention, they can usually pump through gens very fast. Don't even count on Ruin, because mostly it will be gone within 30-40 seconds.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/557971#Comment_557971

    But are this considered "bad behaviour" conducts for killers? I mean, you're doing your best to survive aren't you? I'm asking this as a self proclaimed good killer, I mean, do killers actually complain about this as survivors complain about tunneling or camping?

    @Carlosylu I find Gen-Rushing and Tunneling to be equivalent in the problem. They both ruin the experience for the others. Looping is a different story it isn't truly a skillful play. Plus if I wanted to spin in circles all day I don't need to play DBD to do so. Which is why looping is complained about it just simply is not fun comparable to camping a hook for the survivor. Gen-rushing is completing the Survivor objective as quick as possible while tunneling is completing the Killer objective as quick as possible I deem both bad plays. However, to be frankly honest, they are necessary evils due to poor game design.

    I can also agree with the other two quotes:

    @Mister_Holdout said:

    You'll understand when you go up against survivors with 1000s of hours.

    They tend to be very efficient with their looping, which means conserving pallets and winning mind games.

    Not to mention, they can usually pump through gens very fast. Don't even count on Ruin, because mostly it will be gone within 30-40 seconds.

    @Frozenscum said:

    Killers complain about looping cause it is boring and time sinking.

    Number of pallets at maps and distance between them (especially on certain maps) can give survivor safety for long amount of time sufficient for others to complete all 5 gens. Half of pallets are not-mindgameable cause you can see Killer and drop pallet as soon as Killer about to reach you and move to another while he is breaking it.

    Looping itself is an behavior when survivor reaches pallet and start to run around obstacles utilizing different size of frame of models. Killers have bigger frame, so they take larger circles around obstacles which lowers difference in speed. You can make 2-5 loops around depending on initial distance. As soon as Killer builds Bloodlust Survivor drops pallet to reset it and cycle starts anew.

    It is very boring for Killer, and sometimes frustrating.