BUFF KILLER to stop camping and tunneling!
TL;DR: It's very simple. Killers camp and tunnel because it gives them power they would otherwise not have. Discourage camping and tunneling by making it fun for the killer to chase.
When chasing the survivor, killers feel powerless. Especially when you are forced to vault safe windows or break safe pallets... It feels like being stuck in that animation for ages, while seeing the survivor sprinting away, knowing you can do nothing about it. Playing killer means you have constant pressure. You cannot afford any mistakes during chases and you have to guard your generators simultaneously.
When the killer finally gets his first hook, he will see 3 survivors working on 3 different gens using BBQ. Yet, he can do nothing about it. He can only prevent one gen from finishing, and most often when he arrives at that gen, the survivor finishes it anyway and Sprint Bursts away.
Killers camp and tunnel because they feel powerful when doing so. They don't have to worry about being looped around the same spot for a minute. They just secure their sacrifice. There certainly is no downside to tunneling and almost no downside to camping.
Killers need alternatives. Killers need to be buffed in chases, especially in early game, where he is vulnerable to being gen rushed, if the first chase takes to long (which it does because all pallets are still availible). They should feel powerful when they are hunting their prey. Killers besides Nurse, Huntress and Billy have to be viable. (Notice how Nurse, Huntress and Billy are the only killers who can end chases quickly in early game to put pressure on the map right away.)
In the beginning of the match, the Killer starts with a 25% faster action speed (pallet breaking, vaulting, hits with main weapon) and 50% faster recovery from pallet and flashlight stuns. The Killer loses this bonus if: a survivor is in dying state, a survivor is on the hook and the Killer is within 20m radius, a survivor is dead.
(Just make the stun reduction not stack with Enduring)
This would greatly power up killers in early game and discourage camping and tunneling by provinding a viable alternative: chasing.
Comments
I really really miss those days. I'm only rank 6 now....but 1st hook with 5 gens? HA-LARIOUS! Hasn't happened in a very very long time. Billy, Doc, Tums, and Bunny Mom.....tried them all. Lucky to get 1 hook with 2 - 3 gens left. Players rarely make a mistake. I've been considering making a video where I just find a corner with insidious to hide, and just watch NOT ONLY how fast it goes, but how few mistakes are made.
Usually I find a survivor and it's tunnel time. Like I'm gonna stop chasing the one survivor I actually found for one with a fresh SB and DH cooldown. So it goes, the chase begins...three times loop, pallet drop, Bloodlust lost, and off to the next pallet. I've tried pulling off and chasing someone else, but even when they are not in SWF, they all know the deal. They take no chances and make no mistakes.....I can't emphasize that enough. I've been in trials where I didn't even see a survivor until it was down to 2 gens. As in, did NOT see them! Worst part about it....on my way to rank 6, through ranks 15 - 10...with BBQ&C I easily got 60K per match.....now that the rounds are so fast, even WITH this Double BPs event, I'm lucky to get 60k or 70k.....the rounds just go so damn fast. 5 - 7 minutes and they are fighting over who gets the hatch. I picked the wrong time to rank up, I can tell you that much.
1st hook and 5 gens left....no chance.
You didn't explain to me why you would camp with 5 gens left.
You just told me how that doesn't happen.....................................
Okay....fair enough. If there are still 5 gens left when I hook someone....do the math. I can camp this survivor for the entirety, and unless the survivors came prepared, they will still have 2 - 3 gens left. That, to a killer is a fair trade off, as opposed to the time it might otherwise take to track the survivor down again, get 2 more hits, and re-hook.
Being conservative....each survivor hook takes 2 - 4 minutes to down and hook. Twice is 6 - 8 minutes.
With all 4 survivors working a gen, not counting travel time to the next one, it's roughly 30 seconds to complete an entire generator.
From this: Each attempt has a 4% chance to succeed and will cost 16.666% (or 20 seconds) of the remaining Health Bar.
We can see that 16.666 health equals 20 seconds. As such, there are 6 16.666 in 100 health. At 20 seconds each, a first hook survivors takes 2 minutes to camp.
So where does that leave us? The fastest possible time to complete a gen (without addons or perks), with all 4 survivors working the same gen is 30 seconds. A single survivor under the same conditions will take 80 seconds, again no travel time.
Survivors take 2 minutes on the hook.
An unhooked survivor may never be caught again.
I'll camp the first one with 5 gens, take my chances on how many gens get repaired, and have one less survivor you help with whatever is left.
Now, if you have read this far, you've earned a killer secret. The current emblem system pretty much mandates that survivors unhook a survivor. As such, hook a survivor and they come to the killer at ranks below 8. So what you may consider camping, is just me chasing all your friends away....HOPING they actually get you off the hook, but super close that I ca just one shot you and rehook you (sandbagging).
Any questions?
None
That's what I wanted to hear was an actual reason to camp
As a Killer main i say LET THERE BE CAMPING!!!
Seems like the "massive killer buff" streak is over already.
Some QoL changes for mediocre killers are now "massive"