Mettle of Man Feedback: 10 Survivor Games

Prologue:

So, I been hearing from my friends and from the forums that MoM is a dead perk. Usually, I wouldn't believe them due to how exaggerated they can be, but ever since last time, I feel like it would be better to try the perk out a few times to get a better understanding.


From my ~10 games, the perk is very risky, and was only able to activate it twice within those 10 games. I didn't think the perk was underpowered in any way, but it's so demanding for a strong effect, and that's okay. However, there are some things that I dislike about the perk, so... Here we go.


The Aura Reading:

Please remove this from MoM, it's already hard enough to get it to active, so why do we have a negative attached to it?


Protection Hits:

Can you change it to "Take 2 or 3 protection hits while the killer is carrying a survivor" because honestly, you're not going to take an actual protection hit by taking a hit while near an injured survivor. Even if you did, it's really buggy and it probably won't register as a protection hit.


That's it, we have a balanced perk IMO. If you have anything you want to say, go for it! :)

Comments

  • While I appreciate the upvotes, does anyone have any feedback?

  • Aura gone? Yup.

    But they just need to fix protection hits itself, then it's good to go.

  • Yeah the aura isn't needed now as it's not simply taking a hit from an m1 killer anymore.

    As above if they fix protection hits it should not matter about the token amount.

  • @Boss said:

    Aura gone? Yup.

    But they just need to fix protection hits itself, then it's good to go.

    @Boss

    I tried taking 3 hits while the killer is carrying a survivor as it was the most consistent method and it usually worked, but most of the times I couldn't get 3 protection hits. That's okay, because the perk is like a curve ball - Killers don't expect it due to its nerf. I was also running Empathy to synergize with MoM, it's a great perk combo! :)

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    Yeah the aura isn't needed now as it's not simply taking a hit from an m1 killer anymore.

    As above if they fix protection hits it should not matter about the token amount.

    @twistedmonkey

    The reason why I want MoM to change its condition description to "Protection hits while the killer is carrying a survivor" is because it's more consistent. I always get a token from hook blocking the killer, it never failed me once.

  • I agree with taking away the aura reading.

    I think protection hits should stay, they just need to fix them to make them more consistent

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/553654#Comment_553654

    @twistedmonkey

    The reason why I want MoM to change its condition description to "Protection hits while the killer is carrying a survivor" is because it's more consistent. I always get a token from hook blocking the killer, it never failed me once.

    @NMCKE

    Its understandable but it should also work for taking a hit near a survivor after them being unhooked or even just near a hook like WGLF it's just bugged atm so the change in description wouldn't reflect that option when and if its fixed ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • @NMCKE said:

    While I appreciate the upvotes, does anyone have any feedback?

    Btw, bumping your own thread like that is against the rules.

    I don't really care, but thought maybe you aught to know.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/553640#Comment_553640

    Btw, bumping your own thread like that is against the rules.

    I don't really care, but thought maybe you aught to know.

    @Boss

    Didn't think that was considered bumping, but oh well, it won't happen again ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

  • Prologue: So, I been hearing from my friends and from the forums that MoM is a dead perk.

    No, 2 Protection hits are easy as hell too get. It would just be broken af again like old MoM. I agree that the aura reading is kinda useless on both sides since it doesn't help in a chase at all, and there are plentiful aura perks for killers, but it needs a downside. Its effect is just way too strong too not have a downside besides "the perk only happens once".

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/72521/mettle-of-man-feedback-10-survivor-games

    No, 2 Protection hits are easy as hell too get. It would just be broken af again like old MoM. I agree that the aura reading is kinda useless on both sides since it doesn't help in a chase at all, and there are plentiful aura perks for killers, but it needs a downside. Its effect is just way too strong too not have a downside besides "the perk only happens once".

    @BunnyTheHutt

    I said 2 or 3 protection hits, I don't care which one it is because the perk is really strong and needs a huge condition for a strong effect. The reason why I suggested 2 is because of how buggy things can be.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/554004#Comment_554004

    @BunnyTheHutt

    I said 2 or 3 protection hits, I don't care which one it is because the perk is really strong and needs a huge condition for a strong effect. The reason why I suggested 2 is because of how buggy things can be.

    What would happen if they fixed the protection hits though? Instead of reducing hits they should fix protection hits. Once they do fix them MoM is gonna be a really strong perk.

  • I think they should definitely leave it at 3 until the hits aren't buggy; and if a buff is needed after that then i think they should change the condition entirely rather than lower it to 2. The point of the nerf was to make it so that survivors would have to waste a whole bunch of time for more than one of them to get the effect off in a match if all of them are running it. 2 protection hits is just a bit too easy to get in a non-buggy implementation.

    Another possible idea would be to add back in safe unhooks, but up the number to 4 or 5. This would make it easier for one person to trigger it in a match without making it too easy for 2+ people to trigger it.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/554149#Comment_554149

    What would happen if they fixed the protection hits though? Instead of reducing hits they should fix protection hits. Once they do fix them MoM is gonna be a really strong perk.

    @BunnyTheHutt

    It's still difficult to get 2 protection hits, even with me body blocking the killer.


    Here's what I'd do as a survivor to get it to activate:

    I would use Empathy to see injured survivors, and I would run really close to them - waiting for them to go down. Once they go down and the killer picks the downed survivor up, I'd run directly in front of the killer for them to get a free M1. Afterwards, I would heal with the Med-kit I brought with me then I'll wait for the next opportunity to arise. I only got 2 actual protection hits, and 1 of them I got randomly for some reason.