Would it break the meta if killers had unlimited common add-ons?
This would make up for them not being able to get add-ons outside of the blood web; and it would instantly boost the viable of a few killers (i.e. Trapper).
Is there any killer that would be broken with this?
Comments
The thing is, lack of common add-ons isnt a problem. Anyone who has spent BP on a Killer (or Survivor) will have a load of common add-ons (actively spending BP on them). The problem is that for certain Killers to be decently powerful, you need the rarer ones. No Killer will suddenly become top tier for having an infinite amount of commons. They dont change enough for that. Integrating add-ons into their kit without having to spend add-on slots; thats a different story, and where they should be aiming for in a couple of cases (Trapper, Pig, etc).
@PigNRun Huntress and infinite exhaustion addons?
Ghost soot, Wraith: Am I a joke to you?
I'd rather advocate for integrating some of the common addon effects on certain killers. Faster trap setting and +1 carrying capacity for Trapper, for example.
Hell, Trapper should start with 3 traps at least to make him semi-playable at R1
Meta broken? No, definitely not. Most Killers in B tier and below need green addons to stand a chance against optimal survivors. I even go so far to say that playing Billy addonless against a strong team is just gg, u have at least something like cooldown, speed or charge. Nurse is probably the only Killer who can play and dominate without addons. But even with nurse, it can be really really stressful and mistakes will be punished hard. Especially on farm maps.
SO, common addons beeing unlimited wouldnt change the meta.
BTW: I have on billy over 600+ common addons in total. I rarely use them, because I like the greens and yellows more and I never get out of stock with them.
@HazeHound
Huntress doesnt suffer because her hatchets dont have enough downsides. The only reasons why she isnt top tier is because of maps, hitboxes and chases where she doesnt have hatchets (which also ties with map design).