First Person Mode

We don't need a barebones mode or whatever. What we need is a mode where survivors are locked to first person just like killers. It'd be pure horror trying to escape Freddy or even Legion. Who else supports this?

Tagged: DevMod

Comments

  • @Nick You are absolutely right. It would be impossible to play. It would be more frustrating than fun after the first match or two. I'd avoid that mode like the plague as both killer and survivor. It would be boring as killer. Fish in a barrel while using dynamite to get the fish. Pointless.

    @n2njauwu Not sure what you are talking about. This is an opinion forum and those who disagree should post. Without counter points of view, you will never iron out any idea worth its weight in pocket lint. Open your mind young Padawan and learn from those who disagree with the mainstream collectiveness.

  • A game mode like this will make every killer viable tho

  • We don't need a barebones mode or whatever. What we need is a mode where survivors are locked to first person just like killers.

    While I would love the fear it would put back into the game I must also add....

    image.png

    80 seconds of the most intense gear turning I have ever seen!

    I can hear a heartbeat nearby but this damn gear is of such high resolution!

  • You would ruin the game completely for some of us. Might be the few but I can not play killer because it makes me physically ill. The viewpoint is too much and induces migraines, the really bad ones that don't stop for days. I would love more scare to the game. I really liked the dark maps we had in the beginning where you actually needed the lamp posts to even find gens and if you found a totem is was luck because it was actually dark and not nearly daylight like it is now.

  • @Lyrical said:

    You would ruin the game completely for some of us. Might be the few but I can not play killer because it makes me physically ill. The viewpoint is too much and induces migraines, the really bad ones that don't stop for days. I would love more scare to the game. I really liked the dark maps we had in the beginning where you actually needed the lamp posts to even find gens and if you found a totem is was luck because it was actually dark and not nearly daylight like it is now.

    Yeah because it'll force you to be careful and actually try to avoid the killer

  • I remember suggesting this to replace the bloodlust mechanic. It's one of the things I think F13 did right - messing up survivor perspective due to rising terror the longer a chase went on

  • @Almo said:

    First off: I'm not saying no, I'm just reflecting on this.

    Large portions of the game design depend on Survivors being able to look somewhere they're not moving (or not at what they're working on).

    Imagine repairing a generator against Pig in first-person camera.

    Perks such as Object of Obsession (ones that depend on the direction you're looking) are much less useful during actions.

    I think playing Survivor from first-person would make you immediately appreciate how much of an advantage it is to have third-person camera.

    This difference in camera is one of the most fundamental asymmetries in DbD; shifting that would make seismic changes in the gameplay all over the place! :D

    I believe 3rd person should remain in the game as I'm a stealth player myself and prefer to stay out of chases, but I don't think it's a bad idea to switch the perspective as the terror rises in a chase. Might be a good way to finally be rid of bloodlust. Might be worth a PTB at the very least. Maybe we'll all find it sucks and that'll be the end of it.

  • Why do people want BL removed so bad?

1 2 ›