Offerings
I'm guessing this has probably been mooted before but if it has I didn't see it - anyway what are your thoughts on offerings and how would you make them more useful? If at all ? Do you like the current system? What would you change?
I personally would like the see the offerings and item/addons be in a universal pool so you can use them on any character, I don't like the fact i'm unlocking Gruesome G's on my Dwight, but want to play someone else instead.
Also to add I think you should be able to sell items for blood points, doesn't have to be much but say 30bp for selling the torch I never use etc...
Comments
I WANT TO SELL THESE LESSEN THE DARK MISTS
I like your idea of an universal pool. I hate to use BPS as a killer because I don't like to give anything to survivors but my blade on their backs.
I would make the following changes on Offerings.
All offerings are secret or team based. A survivor shouldn't be able to dc against a mori. A killer shouldn't be able to dc against bad mist. (Fair Gameplay)
Secret - Nobody sees the offerings other than the one they put. This would make it more dependent on your knowledge of how certain offerings work together rather than being told straight out.
Team Based - The team (Survivors) see all survivor offerings, killer only sees theirs.
I would also implement new offerings.
Ones that grow/shrink the exit gate distance once they manage to balance them to a set distance range. (This makes EGC both Killer and Survivor Friendly)
Killer Offering - Hatch change keeps requirement of 2 gens completed. This could be a surprise for those teams that dc to unlock hatch at 5 gens remaining. Not only did you think you would exploit dcing or chose to suicide, you lost points for nothing. (Should have stayed in the game)
The following two weigh the game in the favor or balance out how a game would be played. More gen spots would be needed.
Killer Offering - Closer Gens (Proximity between gens will be shorter)
Survivor Offering - Farther Gens (Proximity between gens will be larger)
Totems: This can create fun mix-up in meta.
With this change I would give Small Game a counter for Totems, and Traps (Separated)
Killer Offering - Extra totems! (Add 2 dull totems extra to the map)
Survivor Offering - Reduce Totems (Remove 1 totem from the map)
Killer &/ Survivor Offering - All Knowing (For the first <time frame> seconds of the match see everyone's aura)
Great post JDs
I’d love all offerings to be secret. Even the BP offerings, everyone turns into a farmer when they see 3 bloody party streamers and gruesome gateaux at the start.... which is annoying if you’re a killer or survivor, when people play differently to try and get the most of the BP. And I agree it should be less obvious when a Mori is played, or make at least 3-5 more offerings secret so it isn’t guaranteed that a secret = mori.
They should get rid of common and uncommon offerings entirely; shrink the blood web say 20% to compensate; and make offerings shared globally. This would include crossing roles for offerings owned by both.
@Redd I agree with that, I think that's pretty close to what I was thinking. I'd make it so you can sell items you have for blood points or parts so you can craft other items. In my opinion the rarity colours, items and offerings as well as the bloodweb need an update - especially after 3 years on.