Hook Proximity Issue
Why do I get to heavily punished for hook proximity when the team is overly altruistic? There should be something where it doesn't count against you if another survivor is within a certain range of the hook. Literally got -15% because of this since it was endgame and I had 2 survivors (both with borrowed time) coming from either side to get the hooked survivor. There were even exit gates close enough on each side for the distracting survivor to get to safely while the other would go for the save if I took the bait.
They didn't go for the save in the end because I was Myers and had tier 3 ready for use. Instead of taking the chase bait and letting the hooked survivor get away, I just juggled the 2 standing survivors until time ran out, looking for them to make a mistake so I could strike and secure another kill. I find it stupid that in order to avoid this I have to let the survivors get the save and another escape. It's not even like I was face camping the guy because I was actually moving around and looking for opportunities to strike a distracting survivor.
Comments
Come on! Who cares about the killers' emblem system anyway? It is designed to benefit survivors. I would have done the same as you and if the game wants to give me a 200% hook proximity penalty so be it, I'm not letting my catch go anywhere. Just try to kill all of them and have fun.
Yeah you can look at it that way. But it also frustrates me how in the end, the game still tells me I didn't play well when in fact it was quite well for how optimal the survivors were.
Ranks and pipping isn't the biggest deal, but I get hard stuck at certain ranks because of this and can never progress much further. It would be nice to be able to actually rank up for how optimally you play as killer, cause the rank system for killers right now feels like it's actually for showing how well/poorly survivors did in the match.
The proximity issue tends to be the worst factor in determining if I pip because almost every team I face is overly altruistic and are absolute hook vultures with BT. If I were to try to move away to refrain from point loss by proximity then I just end up losing points in the sacrifice category because I rarely get enough time to hook survivors several times before the gens are all completed. No matter what I do as killer, I lose so much points just because survivors know how to manipulate the game in their favor.