What's with the hard 4 minute timer when creating a lobby as killer?

I understand some people think that this wait is due to people playing ghost face, which would make sense, except that the game always waits about 4 minutes before creating a lobby. If it was congestion then at a time like 3am when less people are on, I should be able to create a lobby immediately. This worked when the spirit was released.

So, to test this out, I played a few matches each hour throughout last night, and every time I had to wait 4 minutes before a lobby was created. During busy hours, the wait is longer, but it's like the game waits 4 minutes, and then you wait for congestion.

When I queue as a survivor there are no problems joining a lobby. When it's busier I wait about 5 minutes on average, and late at night it's almost immediate. So, what's the deal?

Comments