Summoning Phase QoL Change:

Summoning Phase QoL Change:
20190621_172022.jpg

Basically, add a unhook chance underneath the "Attempt Escape" meter to warn newcomers about their consequences and odds. This encourages newcomers to make better choices such as not trying to unhook yourself randomly.

Comments

  • @CptPlanet said:

    I think BHVR really doesn't like adding things to the UI. I've seen the devs mention trying to keep it as minimal as possible. This seems like something that could go into a tutorial though.

    I remember my first survivor game. Immediately using the attempt escape option cause it was presented to me...... I learned quick it was a bad thing to do.

    @CptPlanet

    Yeah, I heard @Peanits saying that a long time ago.


    It doesn't have to be a huge indicator, just something small and noticeable for the hooked survivor.

  • @CptPlanet said:

    I think BHVR really doesn't like adding things to the UI. I've seen the devs mention trying to keep it as minimal as possible. This seems like something that could go into a tutorial though.

    I remember my first survivor game. Immediately using the attempt escape option cause it was presented to me...... I learned quick it was a bad thing to do.

    Eh at the start maybe. Nowadays the UI can be covered in debuffs, hexes, buffs etc.

    Edit: I like the idea btw, I think this would be nice.

  • @CptPlanet said:

    @NMCKE

    Yeah but the problem is once you know about it there really isn't a point to it being there. So then it just becomes clutter. Unless it would be dynamic and the chance it shows changes if/when you or someone else brings a luck offering. Then it would actually serve a purpose.

    @CptPlanet

    Perhaps, it could appear on ranks 20-15, and then it disappears until someone uses luck?

  • It's just a good idea to research the luck offerings and pay attention to whats offered. I can figure out what my chance is by myself.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    It's just a good idea to research the luck offerings and pay attention to whats offered. I can figure out what my chance is by myself.

    @AetherBytes

    Luck offerings are confusing because I'm not sure if some things are weighted with luck (as well as the numbers).


    For example, you may get the full benefit of a luck offering on bear traps, but not on hooks because they are more game changing.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/541269#Comment_541269

    @AetherBytes

    Luck offerings are confusing because I'm not sure if some things are weighted with luck (as well as the numbers).

    For example, you may get the full benefit of a luck offering on bear traps, but not on hooks because they are more game changing.

    This is ignorable because luck is a universal value. It's base luck + luck offerings & perks. Base luck on a hook is 4%, base luck on a trap is 25%. The only exception to these are killer perks and addons, which are always unknown anyway and would be unfair if people knew they had them that way..

  • Also, game already tells you the base chance to escape a hook, both in tutorial and in the loading tips.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    Also, game already tells you the base chance to escape a hook, both in tutorial and in the loading tips.

    @AetherBytes

    This might not be enough, I feel like it would be more discouraging to unhook yourself randomly if newcomers actually seen their self unhook chances in-game.


    How about this?

    You'll only see your self unhook chances if...

    • You're in the range of 20-15 ranks.
    • If a luck offering or perk is being used.
  • Perhaps make a pregame info screen, or make the first tips menu show basic info, like luck.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/541269#Comment_541269

    @AetherBytes

    Luck offerings are confusing because I'm not sure if some things are weighted with luck (as well as the numbers).

    For example, you may get the full benefit of a luck offering on bear traps, but not on hooks because they are more game changing.

    Luck offerings give a straight 1%, 2%, or 3% additional chance to unhook yourself and/or escape from a bear trap. That is it.