Matchmaking has gotten worse
So DbD came to Xbox Gamepass recently and... Wow. Matchmaking is real bad. Unless there is a SWF group, there is literally any rank in a match.
Last game, there was myself (Rank 9), a 10 and also a 17 and 20. Killer was rank 10, destroyed us because the new guys were REALLY timid about just moving (killer was in purple ranks which I don't mind facing with experienced players).
On the flip side, had a match with all green and purple rank survivors going against a 20 Huntress.
Like I knew matchmaking hadn't been great before gamepass, but holy **** has this put things into perspective.
Comments
Every game I've played on Xbox tonight had me ranked with the killer (12) and matched with teammates that are ranked 18 and above. The matches don't last 5 minutes before they are all downed and hooked and it has literally become a race to the hatch before Ghostface can tag me and down me instantly.
This is by far the worst I've seen it on Xbox in 2 years.
@MPGamer18 likewise. Prior, the ranks might be spread out by about 5-6 levels. Now there are just huge gaps. There is no disconnect between new players and veterans.
@ShamefulKing - I’ve never seen it that bad. I only had one lobby with 3 other prestige 3 players and the killer dodged it.
Hopefully Steam isn’t as bad. I don’t think I can play on Xbox until they fix it. Ghostface is crushing new players and it’s just not fun for me. Especially when they’re running Hex’s ... these players have no idea what to do. The irony is that no one has disconnected .. so at least there’s that. 🤣