Perk idea to help slow the gen rush

I haven’t thought of a name but how about a perk like this:

  • Calls upon the entity to block the exit doors. Survivors must break 3/4/5 totems in order for the doors to become accessible.

Comments

  • One massive flaw with that: If the tier 3 version required them to break all five totems, I could just guard that one totem and prevent the survivors from being able to leave.

    That aside, it would be a pretty neat perk. I don't know if it would be meta, but I would definitely consider running it. I'll bet it'll make a nasty combo with NOED.

  • I haven’t thought of a name but how about a perk like this: Calls upon the entity to block the exit doors.

    The game can not be balanced only with perks ... it is not the solution.

  • Besides that not adding enough time: The devs should not implement perks to fix problems with the core design. The core design itself should be changed.

  • @Peanits said:

    One massive flaw with that: If the tier 3 version required them to break all five totems, I could just guard that one totem and prevent the survivors from being able to leave.

    That aside, it would be a pretty neat perk. I don't know if it would be meta, but I would definitely consider running it. I'll bet it'll make a nasty combo with NOED.

    True I didn’t think of that. Maybe make a mechanic where if the killer does that, it automatically breaks after a min or something. That’s probably too much unnecessary work for just one perk though.

  • Another idea is to perhaps give killers the ability to close gates after they have been open for a few seconds.

  • Wouldn't this disable NOED completely?

    Not that it would be a problem, No Mither disables Self Care completely after all.

  • Not saying I agree this is the best route to go but if I was balancing this perk I would just make it so that not all of them need to be cleansed but 3 of 5, Thus you remove the camp option.

    However until the Placement (to close to gens with line of sight ) and to close to Survivors on maps and a bright red fire on Hex's (use entity fog or have offerings that darken) this will just be a waste to run.

  • That would be so OP that people would hunt down the totems with such a vengence it would already make the Hexes we have useless.

  • The values would have to be 1/2/3 since even if totems spawn too close the killer can just guard those instead.

    Alternatively it could be timed. Either when the generators are all complete or when a gate is opened. Maybe max 150 seconds and for every totem destroyed reduce it by 30 seconds. 5 totems completely negates the perk.

  • NO. Genrush is fine. GIT GUD! or play with OP killers.