Will Ded. Servers fix hatch?

I shouldn’t be complaining, as this benefited me in a killer match, but fair is fair.

I’m in a game just 3 hooked the 3rd survivor (I already knew where hatch spawned), so I rush for the hatch to close it.

When I arrive, The last survivor is literally standing on it...And yet I’m able to close it right on her before she jumps in.

I assume this is the result of killer being host, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. But if my theory is accurate, will dedicated servers balance this out?

Comments

  • It will somewhat fix the lag, but what you're explaining is actually normal. Killer takes priority over the hatch when he closes it vs the survivor jumping in.

  • @FireHazard said:

    It will somewhat fix the lag, but what you're explaining is actually normal. Killer takes priority over the hatch when he closes it vs the survivor jumping in.

    The devs said it was latency, not any intentional priority.

    Assuming what they said was true, we should see fewer interrupts when dedicated servers hit.

  • I don't see the problem here. What needs fixing exactly?

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    I don't see the problem here. What needs fixing exactly?

    Survivor won the hatch, but couldn’t capitalize because of latency. A bit unfair for that poor survivor...how you missing this??

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/527597#Comment_527597

    Survivor won the hatch, but couldn’t capitalize because of latency. A bit unfair for that poor survivor...how you missing this??

    @IMhereRUN that's incorrect, you haven't won the hatch. You've lost the game, the hatch is your second chance at getting out and keeping your items and living.

  • Ok, true that. It’s not a victory for them, it’s an admission of defeat, but still there’s no way I should’ve been able to close that on her.

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    Ok, true that. It’s not a victory for them, it’s an admission of defeat, but still there’s no way I should’ve been able to close that on her.

    This is another fail condition. Killer found the hatch and got there in time. Last chance is the gates. I'd be fine with survivor jumping in being priority if we can do hatch grabs again.