Would it be a good thing to make BP offerings secret?
This includes wreathes, satchets, cakes, puddings, BPS, letters, etc. Anything that gives bonus BP after a match that isn't an event specific offering such as a Red Envelope.
This would have two major positive effects.
- People wouldn't be able to tell straight away whether or not the killer is bringing a Mori. I mean... shrouds are supposed to do that but really don't right now.
- People wouldn't be as incentivized to be dicks to other players because one of the particularly good BP offerings (i.e. Bloody Party Streamer) is in play.
The downside is that you wouldn't be able to see when people burn offerings that give you BP; but half the point of this idea is that I personally believe said knowledge causes people to behave particularly poorly, especially during events such as Blood Hunts, so it would be a net benefit to make these secret offerings imo. And since BP doesn't effect the literal gameplay (except psychologically), there isn't much of a balance downside to making them secret.
Comments
people should be able to tell when the killer is bringing a mori
an enormously strong offering the only downside of which is that survivors see it coming
I wish everything except Point offerings were hidden.
This way you don't know if someone picked a map to better their build, you won't know if the killer is hiding a Mori until the first happens (and the scare of figuring out what 1 it is). You won't know about any luck offerings or chest offerings. You are basically allowing more builds to proceed without being figured out instantly.
With how many Ebony Moris were flooded into the game from the last new years event (damn things were given out like candy I have nearly 70 on my Myers...) I can agree, but once the numbers die down again I'd personally enjoy not knowing since it adds a bit more "scare/unnerving" back into this game.