The Ranking System is Greeeeaaatttt

plays killer

Rank 13

Gets matched with rank 6's.


plays survivor

Also rank 13

Gets matched with rank 18's


Running as intended.

Comments

  • Better than rank 2s vs 18s or 25 min wait times right?

  • It’s not great but I don’t think the killer one is that different, I have screenshots of when I first started killer (approx 1 year ago), rank 18 doc with 2-3 perks (tier 1, lv 10-15doc) and got rank 1-2 and rank 12s. It’s been a problem for a while, new MM and ranking seems to make this seem like a big recent thing. Even a one-two months ago I’d get rank 2s with purple-green ranks as a rank 12 killer.

    As a survivor mine hasn’t been too bad, rank 12 post reset recently and getting rank 10-13 killers. The only bad one I have recent memory is being a rank 13 reset killer and playing spirit for the first time and I got rank 18s with no perks who had the knowledge of one who just started playing, that’s unfair and shouldn’t be happening. I think it’s just the price of ping and wait times and the devs are still trying to figure it out. It is complicated in the games current state to balance skill, wait time, ping, geographic range etc.

    Rank isn’t even an indicator of skill anyway, it’s time played in the season and I’ve seen purple rank potatoes and yellow rank survivors that can loop, do gens at the speed of sound and have amazing map awareness.

  • @Kiskashi said:

    It’s not great but I don’t think the killer one is that different, I have screenshots of when I first started killer (approx 1 year ago), rank 18 doc with 2-3 perks (tier 1, lv 10-15doc) and got rank 1-2 and rank 12s. It’s been a problem for a while, new MM and ranking seems to make this seem like a big recent thing. Even a one-two months ago I’d get rank 2s with purple-green ranks as a rank 12 killer.

    As a survivor mine hasn’t been too bad, rank 12 post reset recently and getting rank 10-13 killers. The only bad one I have recent memory is being a rank 13 reset killer and playing spirit for the first time and I got rank 18s with no perks who had the knowledge of one who just started playing, that’s unfair and shouldn’t be happening. I think it’s just the price of ping and wait times and the devs are still trying to figure it out. It is complicated in the games current state to balance skill, wait time, ping, geographic range etc.

    Rank isn’t even an indicator of skill anyway, it’s time played in the season and I’ve seen purple rank potatoes and yellow rank survivors that can loop, do gens at the speed of sound and have amazing map awareness.

    Very true, I was killer rank 11 before the reset and got set to rank 15. Didn't take me long to get to 13, and I can only presume the rank 6's I went against would be red ranks.

    Also, it's not rare for my Survivor games to be all kinds of f-ed up when it comes to matchmaking.