New Perk: Old Recording
When a generator is 85% completed, the killer will randomly hear survivor breathing/grunting around his existing area.
Basically a counter Tinkerer. That perk messes me up so much and since hearing is supposed to be a very important part of gameplay and Tinkerer can screw with that, I've been wanting to be able to screw with the killer too and have him run around in circles looking for a survivor that isn't there.
Comments
@Atrushan88 Run spinechill, its a great counter to a tinkerer already.
And if you want just to annoy killers... run deliverance combined with a ds.
@LastShoe I just want them to have the disorientation effect I get from Tinkerer >_>; Another suggested perk idea in the same vein could be to make scratch marks randomly appear near the killer whenever a generator is repaired to 85%. Dunno how you could do that without it being too obvious though. I mean I play killer myself, but Tinkerer is just so damn disorienting to me and I find it odd they would mess with an important game mechanic like sound in the vein of a perk.
I mean by the time the tinker timer goes around the gen is already popped so eh.
It is also useless to a bunch of killers.
@Atrushan88 If you are paying attention only to sound from a TR its your mistake... especially if the myers is stalking you...
@LastShoe I'm not, but when they're around a corner and I run into them because their terror radius disappeared and they got lucky, it's not exactly my fault, and it's not like they used their skill to find me, I just stumbled onto them because they were behind a rock wall, or something else and their terror radius disappeared. I am observant, but you can't see through walls, unless you're a killer with certain addons. This game has perks that counter each other, all I'm asking for is one to disorient the killer as much as Tinkerer disorients survivors. It's not an unreasonable request. There are no survivor perks that allow for them to completely alter the game's original rules or make everything the killer has known to be true(you see scratch marks or blood, there's a survivor nearby, for example) flipped on it's head.
@Jdsgames Yes, but in that short little window it completely alters a survivor's perception of what is true in the game for whatever unlucky survivor happens to be nearby them, or being chased by them.
@Atrushan88 Can i ask you where were you running? Was it because you were in the terror radius while being on a gen? Then why you didn't noticed lack of the TR?
And there are plenty of perks that will counter the tinkerer.
Also, the perk that you suggest is bad. It will be way to powerful and annoying for the worse killers, while being useless against good killers... it will be just like a pebble, but completely random.
It's happened several times, usually when I'm in the killer's terror radius on the move, near a boulder or wall that you can't see the other side of. The killer would suddenly appear in front of me as I move away from the boulder/wall without notice because his terror radius would disappear, leaving me to think I'm safe, since during NORMAL GAMEPLAY that means he moved away from me. This is what I mean by disorienting. He didn't do anything to get that, in fact he got rewarded because the enemy team nearly completed a generator. The only perks I can think of that can counter tinkerer are detection perks, and all of them outside of OoO have a requirement that needs to be fulfilled by either a survivor or a killer, and generally happen because of completion of an action, and OoO would require you to be outside of his TR anyways, which wouldn't matter if OoO was showing him, because you wouldn't normally be disoriented to begin with. Tinkerer happens when an action isn't fully complete so you don't know when it will go off. It just happens randomly, unless you're in a 4 man SWF and they tell you "Hey this generator's almost complete, be careful if you're in his TR. He might have tinkerer".
As for my idea, I don't see how it would be too powerful for bad killers and useless against good killers. It seems to be the effect would be the same regardless if the killer doesn't know you're using it. As for the completely random aspect, Tinkerer itself is completely random. As I said, you don't know when your team has a generator at 85% completion. It literally is just a lucky break for a killer when a survivor is in his TR when it goes off if they don't know he has it, which they won't know until it happens the first time, and even if you do know, it has a really disorienting effect when inside a killer's TR. I've been on the receiving end, and I've witnessed other survivors get caught by my own actions due to Tinkerer. It doesn't feel right that I can get someone else caught by simply removing their sound when I do my objective. Killers need a disorienting effect as well if this is to take place imo, whether that's an alternate set of scratch marks, or hearing random survivor breathing.