What are your top 5 and bottom 5 perks for both killer and survivor (not including the newest DLC)?
I'm constantly looking to improve my perk evaluations, so I want to know what y'all think are the best and worst perks in the game for both sides. If you only play one side, then pls list the other side's perks from a vs'ing them perspective.
Comments
Killer:
TOP: BBQ, BAMBOOZLE, SPIRIT FURY, ENDURING, RUIN
BOTTOM: MONSTRIOUS SHRINE, FIRE UP, TERRITORIAL IMPERATIVE, BEAST OF PREY, LIGHTBORN.
Survivor:
TOP: ADRENALINE, DECISIVE STRIKE, BALANCED LANDING, SPINE CHILL, BORROWED TIME
BOTTOM: VIGIL, STREETWISE, TECHNICIAN, HEAD ON, DEJA VU
Actually streetwise is really good with the change they did to it.
I guess is your top
Foreword: I left out Mettle of Man due to upcoming nerf and No Mither due to that being a meme perk.
Mine are in no particular order....
Survivor Worst: Deja Vu, Left Behind, No One Left Behind, Up the Ante, Slippery Meat.
Interesting note, luck only affects unhooking yourself and bear traps. A lot of people are operating under the misconception that it works on chests, but it has no effect on the items you get from them at all. Bringing Up the Ante in most games only changes that 4% to a 13% if you get hooked before everyone else is dead. If you are against a trapper and you step in a trap ..... well then it's still not that good. And this is all assuming your team doesn't just immediately save/farm you.
Survivor Best: Sprint Burst, Self Care, Urban Evasion, Adrenaline, Balanced Landing
Killer Worst: Coulrophobia, Fire Up, Monstrous Shrine, Unrelenting, Territorial Imperative
I would genuinely rather take "Beast of Prey" for the bp bonus (not even the effect) than any of these. Thanataphobia, while the numbers aren't great, at least has a psychological effect on people. These are just bad, except territorial which suffers from being the worst meme perk I could think of.
Killer Best: BBQ and Chili, Hex: Ruin, Hex: No One Escape's Death, Nurse's Calling, Enduring
Well that's just the meta isn't it? Two of these perks made the top five just because of the psychological effect they have in games they were never even in; while Enduring is just the better of the two in the #5 and #6 spot out of that particular combo. Ruin is still the best slow down the game perk, and BBQ is the entire problem with magic-find in a nutshell.
I don't run items usually.
Oh I see.
I tried it on the ptb with a yellow flashlight + green battery + low amp filament + streetwise
and is ######### insane the time I managed to blind the killer!
Assuming that "newest DLC" means the upcoming Ghostface DLC...
Killer
Best
Worst
Oh yeah, can't really do it for Survivor, don't play that anymore.
25% is a nice value though, but I doubt that people will run with this perk, except if they're gonna run with flashlight or healing build.
It seems to have eaten my previous post lol.
My Worst Survivor Perks: No One Left Behind, Left Behind, Up the Ante, Slippery Meat, Deja Vu
I'm having trouble deciding on the other categories, so I'll just post these for now.
Fun Fact: Luck only affects kobes and beartraps. The items you get from chests are completely unaffected, so all Up the Ante does is boost that 4% to a 13% if everyone else is still alive. Under normal circumstances you have about a 1 in 10 chance of unhooking yourself. With Up the Ante, that is increased to about a 1 in 3 at all 4 survivors alive. If all 4 survivors attempt to escape while all four survivors are alive, then on average 1 of you is expected to kobe and the other 3 are expected to lose a minute of hook time.
Another Fun Fact: Slippery Meat is worse at letting you unhook yourself than Up the Ante. It only raises your odds to about a 1 in 5. Combined, the two perks in exchange for taking up two perk slots give you about a 57% chance of unhooking yourself, meaning you have almost a 1 in 2 chance for those two perk slots to do nothing. Throw a good Salty Lips offering after bad and your odds are roughly increased to 65%. Proving that luck is only really good for meming or when all four survivors conspire to stack it. If all four survivors bring Up the Ante and a Salty Lips offering, then any of you with Slippery Meat has about a 98% chance to kobe. 86% without Slippery Meat. Meaning that even in the most ideal situation you could possible imagine with a 4 person SWF, Slippery Meat is not worth running at all. I did the math lol.
Left Behind rewards doing the one thing I've never done when I'm the last survivor alive. If the killer doesn't find me or the hatch, you bet your bippe I'm looking for either an exit gate or the hatch. I'm not doing gens solo. And the perk has no other effect....
No One Left Behind is so far down on the list of perks that reward you for altruism that I can't envision anyone running it in any situation for any good reason other than they just wanted to.
Deja Vu is the perk that solves a problem that doesn't exist.
Killer:
Top 5- BBQ, Ruin, NOED, Bamboozle, Sloppy Butcher
Bottom 5- Monstrous Shrine, Shadowborn, Territorial Imperative, Dark Devotion, Play With Your Food
Survivor:
Top 5- Self Care, Decisive Strike, Mettle of Man (until it is nerfed), Borrowed Time, Adrenaline
Bottom 5- Deja Vu, Sole Survivor, Mettle of Man (after it is nerfed), Left Behind, Autodidact
Killer Best: Spirit Fury, Ruin, Bamboozle, Noed and Enduring. I'm not saying I like noed but it is a brilliant killer perk. These are just the perks that cause my the most trouble as survivor.
Killer Worst: Territorial Imperative, Monstrous Shrine, Fire Up, Overwhelming presence and Best Of Prey. Was between Fire Up, Iron Maiden and Distressing for the last spot.
Survivor Best: Adrenaline, Dead Hard, Balanced Landing, DS and MoM.
Survivor Worst: Up The Ante, Left Behind, No Mither, Buckle Up and Sole Survivor. Honestly there is so many more bad survivor perks than killer. The thing about killer is that some bad perks work good on certain killers whereas survivors all share the same bad perks.
Killer.
Top:
1) Surveillance ( I love the design of the park itself and ever since the change its become a really good tool for locating stealth survivors)
2) Save The Best For Last (It has made dealing with this scummy MoM builds a lot more bearable)
3) Hex haunted ground ( Nothing better than when you're playing a stealth killer it and this pops off as you're about to surprise attack somebody.
4) Make your choice ( Gives me more reason to go after other people even if the person who recently got off hook runs right by me like a headless chicken)
5) Mad grit ( Save me from a particularly toxic survive with friends group)
Bottom:
1) Monstrous shrine ( A perk so bad I don't even put it on my basement builds the one place where it's meant to be)
2) Beast of prey ( I hate having to force out bloodlust for a mind game especially on certain pallets where mind games don't work. If they dropped the pallet I'm forced to either break it cancelling out the perk or just use bloodlust three to get them making the perk irrelevant)
3) Infectious freight ( I really love the ptb version of this even though it was a bug the current version we have is so meh it's not even funny)
4) BBQ (Honestly I feel like this is a massively overrated perk and I've never really used it outside of being in a desperate need for bloodpoints. Side note I don't think the perk is bad it's actually a really good perk just not as necessary as people make out)
5) Huntress Lullaby (Like with the one above I don't think it's a bad perk and I don't hate it. I'm just annoyed that for some reason it notifies the survivors before I've even gotten a single token hell why does it have to notify the survivors at all it's not powerful enough until it gets to 5 tokens and at that point it's pretty apparent that you don't need a notification to warn you)
Survivor
Top
1) Alert ( It's really great for keeping track of the killer especially is a solo survivor it has also helped me find a couple of almost completed gens because I seen areas where they've kicked things)
2) Lithe ( my favourite exhaustion perk. It doesn't restrict you as much as sprint burst. It's not as map dependent as balance landing. It's not as baitable as dead hard)
3) Wake up ( With the new endgame collapse I expect this perk to get a rise in popularity however it's still criminally underrated. However while I do think it needs a little bit of a buff it has saved me from many deadly end game situations)
4) Spine chill ( It's a godsend when going up against stealth killers and can also be really valuable in the chase as the slightly faster vault can make a difference.
5) Stake out ( This works beautifully when you're doing a stealth gen build especially if someone's looping the killer next to you which pretty much turns you into a silent gen jockey)
Bottom
1) Left Behind ( This was practically useless before endgame collapse now it's even more so nothing else needs to be said)
2) MoM ( I hate it in its current state and it feels absolutely cheap to use especially if you use really scummy builds like combining it with dead hard or something else that will extend the chase far beyond what it should be)
3) No One Left Behind ( Kind of the opposite of left behind it's got a lot more useful since since endgame collapse because of the amount of blood points but it's still just very bad)
4) Anti slug perks (This is cheating but I literally couldn't pick just one all these perks require the killer to play a certain way or their absolutely useless and you just wasted a perk slot. Said requirement for the killed to play a certain way is the main reason I don't want no mither to start you healthy)
5) Borrowed time ( I've grown to hate this perk as a solo Survivor simply because of the "I didn't farm you I had borrowed time" excuse. As I like to call it I know "I did nothing of worth when I should have been doing a gen but at least I managed to boost my emblem score and blood points" mentality