Lag switch or no?
I think "lag switching" is something that is thrown around quite a bit, but I wanted to get some opinions on a match I had today and see if people think it was legitimate connection issues or intentional abuse.
Map was Coldwind: Rancid Abaattoir, killer was plague, and they brought a mori.
In the lobby my ping did not go above 80. First part of the match I was just doing gens, but noticed every time one of the other survivors went down there was a lag spike. With 2 gens left she finally found me and I started looping her around the Slaughterhouse. I was on the opposite side of a window, and at least a 3rd of the loop ahead of her when she stood at the window, swung, and I was downed where I stood.
She then left me on the ground since it was me and 1 person left at this point. While she was hunting for the last person I recovered fully then started crawling away from where I went down. She found the person, downed them, mori'd them. At this point I had crawled about 50m away from where I was downed. I see her running back to the Slaughterhouse, then all of a sudden I am teleported back to the Slaughterhouse and being mori'd.
When I called them out in the post game lobby they said their internet was having issues and on their screen my character was just crawling into the wall of the Slaughterhouse.
I reported them regardless, but wanted to see what people thought. How do I know a lag switcher vs. actual connection issues?
Comments
Lag switching basically stops the game feedback entirely which seems similar to what you described.
And then there's the other scummy thing to do connection throttling. Basically doing something simple like starting a stream mid game while downloading multiple gigs at once. Basically it causes game stutters and mass rubber banding making you an easy target.
I've ran into too many killers on the PS4 that do this ######### and it sucks. Especially when they're red ranks because I expect better of those players. Not ######### cheaters.
Some people are very obvious about it while others do it in a subtle way to mask it.
If you were playing on the console I would say 99.9% that the killer was using a lag switch. but of course they will deny it. I had a friend on call of duty and he would use a lag switch while I was on his team so I know there are people who lag switch on console.
too bad he isn't my friend anymore...