The scoring system is terrible.
Not writing this because i cant get rank 1 i am rank 1 in both areas, however survivor is such a joke to get rank one and killer is completely broken. For example today alone i killed all four players before a single generator was complete and i only just black pipped. Please explain to me how that is not just a pip or even a double pip.
You have to super try hard with op addons with op killers such as nurse and spirit and its very boring, on the other hand i can run round the map get chased for a minute save one person and do two genertors and easily pip like its a walk in the park.
Overall the whole system needs a rework and stop balancing the system for idiots at rank 20 if they want to experience what the game should be like they should get better end of story. Thanks for reading.
Rant over.
Comments
You're rank 1 but came to complain about how its too hard on both sides. Then go on to ask something I can't imagine a rank 1 would not already understand. You get penalized if you face HORRIBLE survivors. You should know that way before rank 1.
im asking why that is the case in the game and why it isn’t fixed. It’s a stupid scoring System just because I’m rank 1 in both doesn’t mean I have to like the way I get there
If you want to rank up, you must avoid camping (which I'm ok with), but also, must actively do steps to prevent survivors dying on first or second hook. It's ridiculous, but in endgame if I got two survivors are left with still 2-3 hooks in them, I usually down both, hook one, pick up and drop the other until they get free and unhook, down the unhooker, hook him, down the other again, and so on, until their sweet death. It actually sucks for them too (although I try to give them enough time to ge their Safe Rescue score at least). It's basically cheesing the system.
Killer pip system simply doesn't recognize that even if you slug four survivors, then hook 'em all and they all die on their first hook, you did great, and should rank up. "Hook actions" score requirement is silly. Hillbilly particulary suffers from BHVR's sweaty attempt to force players to play nice.
I'm not so up in arms about this myself (I like getting to rank 1, so I use Nurse every month until I get there, then start using my favourite killers: Clown, Doc, Trapper, and inevitably derank). But it's true that the current pip system does not very much reflect killer's skill.
I am interested in their proposed changes to the system that was announced for the live-stream but that is eons away.
I have my own system to know how well I played:
If I can get a survivor to disconect: That's great!
If I can get all 4 survivors to disconect: That's a "Perfect Game"
If I get insults and/or report threats in the chat: It means I played very good
If I get 4 "GG" in the chat: It means I played poorly :-(
If I get insults and/or salty coments from one or more dead survivors in my Steam Profile: I was awarded a "Trophy" I've made someone very miserable! Flawless Victory! :-D
Based on the pip system they basically reward you for playing the way survivors want you to play which may get you the pips but costs you the game in terms of kills.
So their pip system causes a scenario where everyone's a winner.
You don't kill anyone but everyone pipped.
I'm obviously exaggerating a bit but you get the point. In order to pip they make you play stupid, aka the "fun" way for survivors. Making the smartest plays isn't the "fun" way and makes you depip.
The whole system is based on trying to redefine what "winning" is. To the devs it's pips based on this system, that determines who wins. However to a lot of people myself included, winning is kills. This is where the problem lies.