Cooldown for disconnecting
Anyone else think they should add a timer for when someone dcs because I think this would stop how many people actually dc, I think they should add like a 10-15 min timer if someone dcs
Anyone else think they should add a timer for when someone dcs because I think this would stop how many people actually dc, I think they should add like a 10-15 min timer if someone dcs
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They have a 4 second cool down for lobby dodging
Add an exponentially increasing 5-15-30 minute cool down for actual legitimate DC's that aren't game crashes or internet instability (if that's even possible to differentiate between the types of disconnections) and the problem will go away.
I'm going to keep proposing this idea until it happens.
When you DC, you should get a time-ban that gradually increases each time. So the first time, it's five minutes, then ten, then fifteen, and so on until you're banned until rank-reset. That way it creates an incentive to DC less without being too harsh on someone who's internet might've choked.