Could I get Banned for this?
Introduction
Hello as always everyone, this post will discuss something very important on my end that I would like answers to. For awhile now I've had this issue (Rarely if not at all) that occurs.
The issue and my history with it
For awhile now (Like I said before 3 months before I took my break it rarely happened but now its returned recently with my last match today) I've had a rare problem where when I play matches as Killer, things can get... "laggy" and by that I mean my internet mess's up sometimes.
The problem at hand is that when I am sometimes playing, the game for both me and the Survivors will lag for a short period of time, resulting in some people in said matches calling me out for "lag switching" and so forth.
I never got a glimpse of how bad it was, until I faced a streamer in one of my matches, he was a nice chap in the end so i'll leave it at that. But when discussing it with me in post-chat, he though I was lag switching. And my usual reply was "Its just my internet being bad, since I peak at 7mbs where I live so sometimes hiccups can occur" which is true, but after I went to see his stream and talked to him there I took a look at the vod. And oh man, was I surprised. For the chases he had with me, it looked like I was lag switching (which I wasn't it was my internet) and I was shocked because of how bad it was...
I apologized and told him my usual thing where "I'm always seeking a fair game for both sides" which is true, but from what I saw today it doesn't look that way at all.
The issue at hand
What I want to know is, because of what keeps happening to me (which is 100% NOT intentional btw...) could I be banned for it? I'm not pulling the plug, and or using a lag switch in any way shape or form. I love this game, and I love fair matches. A shred of imbalance isn't fun for either side and I want to make that clear, but I worry if this could be mistaken for "lag switching" and it makes me wonder if I could get in big trouble because of it...
This is more or less a question mainly for the devs which I will be @ing, but its also a question for the community as well. The person I discussed this with who had a first hand experience told me to play Survivor for awhile till this gets fixed, and I somewhat agree since WHO knows what could happen.
Important
I want to make this clear though, where I live is at least 300 feet from the road, its in the middle of the woods and our internet is stuck at 7mbs with DLS. I've contacted multiple providers to get better internet, but nothing came up. And the people who provide my internet can't get fios till 2 years later due to the town I live in being under "a contract" and not providing it at this time.
I will not be disclosing who I talked to, or what his stream is in-case of any "witch hunts" and will just keep him anonymous.
TLDR/Simplified Version
Can I get Banned for having horrible internet that makes it look like i'm "lag switching"

Comments
@not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits I forgot to @ you three, but I would like to know the answer to this as I don't want to get in trouble for something that I wasn't intentionally causing, it will help me avoid Killer for awhile till this gets cleared up as I would not want to be labeled a "cheater" or "lag switcher" by anyone I face.
I forgot to mention it could just be them lagging, but idk not with this game lmao.
You need to learn to be more concise. Your story isn't nearly as long as you make it out to be. Here is what you could have written "I live out in nowhere and have bad internet. Can I get banned for "lag switching" even though I don't intentionally do anything wrong?". The end. To answer your question, no, you should be fine.
I've faced streamers many times already, and some of those LOSERS like to call me a Lag Switcher as if i was doing it on purpose, i was playing Nurse and they were blinking all around making me miss the blink atacks several times in a row, they are the ones who should be ashamed and punished, not the killer!
Sorry bout that, but yeah I get what you mean.