######### is this?
I was running Iron Will as survivor and I could hear myself moan. ######### is this devs? Did you shadownerf Iron will? The killer was running A Nurses calling and Stridor.
Devs is this a bug?
I was running Iron Will as survivor and I could hear myself moan. ######### is this devs? Did you shadownerf Iron will? The killer was running A Nurses calling and Stridor.
Devs is this a bug?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Stridor overrides Iron Will unfortunately.
Doesn't Stridor make it so you can still hear a Survivor with Iron Will to some extent, or am I mistaken?
To clarify Killmaster, stridor doesn't affect the sounds the killer hears. Instead, it increases the volume of the sounds for everyone in the game. That's why you heard yourself
@Exerlin shouldn't it only affect the killers? It makes no sense for me to hear my grunting and the killer to hear nothing despite them running the perk?
It increases the sound the survivor makes thus increasing ease of hearing for the killer. Yes it affects the killer.
Iron Will will reduce your grunts down to 0% and Stridor will override it making it 25% of its base audio.
So while Iron Will still reduces the sound it is somewhat countered by Stridor.
Well, then you would be saying "Why does it not notify me the Killer is running Stridor even if Im running Iron Will?".
TBH, that would be a nice QoL buff for Stridor.
The Killer hears you at 25%. But I don't think survivors need to get notified that the killer is running Stridor.
@Poweas Yeah, but it might have been harder to program if it only affected the killer's hearing. If a survivor has iron will and the killer has stridor, the game does some simple math to figure out how loud that survivor is (100 - 100 + 50 = 50). If it worked the way it should work, the survivor's output would be 0%, and the devs would have to write new code that would allow the killer and only the killer to bypass that. This could have caused some issues in development since you were increasing the volume of a sound that didn't exist, and it might have required a complete rewrite of the code that handles the survivor's pain and breathing sounds.
They're pretty dodgy with sound changes, that's for sure.
@PigNRun no I wouldn't, I wouldn't care much. It'd be a decent buff because now whenever I hear myself, I know one of their perks.
@Exerlin aren't they reworking the sound next update to be double checked every update or something? Surely they could do this the update after, and if their system works, they get a slight buff to Stridor to make it less easy to detect and if they didn't mess up the new system, this probably wouldn't be an issue tbh.
@Poweas I think so. It could end up just being bug fixes though. We'll just have to wait and see
If the killer's using Stridor, you gonna start hearing yourself when injured even when you're using Iron Will.