Two quick addon ideas, one for myers and one for clown..... kind of wanted to discuss these
Myers - (rare or common) Cursed bead - A jeweled bead once belonging to a late Judith myer's.
Upon downing a survivor, for 3/4/5 seconds (Depending on what turns out to be balanced) do not deplete stalk off of survivors and gain evil within 3 instantly upon stalking a survivor.(terror radius increases during this phase by 15%) (lasts for 15 seconds if gained this way. ) This additional "power" can only be activated once per match
(This addon is meant purely for steam rolling and to punish over altruisim. it is not meant to be OP, but to instill terror into the hearts of those looking to save someone.) the thinking behind this is that if micheal looks up upon preying on his latest victim, and see's a survivor within his view, he would likely feel at his most powerful. Counterable by just not being in his view after he downs someone.
Clown - (common) Dove feather - A once treasured trophy of kenneth's, now forgotten in the wake of his unsatiable lust for newer bloodier trophys...
Decreases survivor action speed by 25% and interrupt's there current action, while under the effects of the after piece tonic. gas lasts 85% as long. (does not apply to vaults or pallet slams.) this add-on is purely for the denial of hook saves and players doing generators/healing in your face from far away. Meant to be a very clutch addon and not meant to be overpowered. countered by not letting him gas you, the interupt can only be caused by the initial throw of the tonic, ie the clown cannot just keep throwing bottles at you to interupt your action, you have to physically leave the gas and then have entered it again to get the action interupt. (again purely to deny hook saves/heals/a gen being done from further away.) (In addition to this addon, a requirement could be added like redheads pinky finger where the target has to be hit with the bottle in order to be stunned out of their action)
What do you guys think of these addons? are they to op? I've been trying to think of new addon ideas to add more tactility to their kits and these are some of the ideas i've come up with (also had an idea for a clown addon that increases his bottle range and charge time considerably, but decreases the gas spread by a ton so that he becomes a sniper clown too haha)
Comments
Just coming in as a Myers. I don’t really know if I’m a fan of the ew3 immediately stalking someone else after downing one. Purely because this can already happen, most snowballs begin because survivors bunch together and get over altruistic after he has entered tier 3 and already downed someone, so I guess I don’t really see what this would add (especially 15s if activated that way, would it return you to tier 2 base or back to where you were with stalk progress prior to activating it?) Once for 15s seems a little... strange, considering above you can already punish a team by activating ew3 normally and it lasts much longer.
I’d personally like to see some add ons that change the play style like the mirrors do, the shards are okay but kinda underwhelming ( for me at least, prediction alone can be good enough to determine direction of someone you’ve stalked and losing sight of them is difficult anyway it feels like a poor mimic of the huntress glow addon) I just really admire hags add ons when thinking of how you can use multiple add ons to change your power (I.e. body block hag w/ butchers hand, waterlogged shoe for distortion, mint rag for full control and defence, shackles for surprise attacks.) I’d love to see more killer add ons that open up some variety with play style. Just not sure with Myers, his addons are already fairly good.
I’ll leave the clown discussion to someone who plays him more, I play a bit, but not enough to be passionate about his addons/combos. Please let me know if I have misunderstood anything it is fairly late for me here. Thanks for sharing definitely interesting, especially the clown one but I want to see someone who plays him most give their response.
Honestly i'd love something more like the mirror addon's too, but the myers idea is more supposed to be used as a "unexpected" trump card then anything else (and yeah i meant that you'd return with all the previous stalk you'd gained) it would be mostly for scare factor, when your caught off guard and have no stalk in the tank, or when you do and just want to have a free little bit of insta stalk to do a slug build with (would essentially be a free boost to terror radius and could possibly stack with the fragrant hair to have instant infinite to punish over altruisim but then that could be horribly op) it would be more of a situational addon, allowing one to not be punished for essentially having their ew3 "on cooldown" when survivors try to be altruistic. would be great paired with infectious fright (Even more so then myers is already) while not requiring you to be in tier 3 to get the most use out of it (considering most infectious fright builds on myers already use monitor and abuse + dead rabbit, which makes the terror radius tiny in tier 2 and out of a chase) A dead rabbit myers, with my addon and infectious fright would be a powerful build indeed
Yeah but I’m just saying a mid match Myers is going to be ready with t3 anyway, I rarely stay far off it just in case I get a multi survivor situation and like to plan ahead, this would give a small situational boost but it would be easier to run M&A, distressing, infectious on it’s own. Feels like it would be making up for a poor play on the Myers part. You should always be prepared with your tier 3 and watching it closely and noting survivor behaviours during the match (greedy, over altruistic, immersed etc as you build that power) this will help with when to pop tier 3.
I just feel like I’d avoid this addon because 4 man slug fests are incredibly uninteresting to me (I actually like the chase/hunt/drawing the match out so at max maybe 2) Myers can slug fine now and I feel like if you were in this situation as a Myers you would already be close to if not in t3 in this situation. It’s very situational and unlikely to be of use beyond a fast tier 3 once (15s on certain maps would be interesting and at most you’d get 1) plus would it not stack with tombstones otherwise that may also be horribly OP, you could slug one guy, stalk the altruist and immediately tombstone them and hook your first... ew3 is already a punishment for swarming altruists. Most smart survivors will go immersed and careful until you’re out.
Will be interesting to see what others would think though, I just think the effect can already be achieved with forethought. I rarely experience a situation where I feel I can’t get to ew3 fast/immediately when I need it. If anything the TR is probably the best part for those infectious fright/distressing/M&A builds, imagine the range of that. But in a normal match...not sure. It’s a tough one to see more than situational use out of it where I’m usually stuck alternating between J Myers memorial/dead rabbit or occasionally vanity (or tombstone piece depending on tilt) and dead rabbit. I’d rather have another widely useful addon than a slug build one.