How about Enchanced base perks for their owner characters? might increase your cosmetic sales as wel
Like if you use Quentin his 3 perks are enhanced only for him.. instead 15% faster exitgate opening he can do it at 30%, instead of green he gets purple medkit and vigil recharges exhaustion by 35% only for him (or others if it doesnt ruin balance a lot).. numbers can change depending the telemetry you gather.
same will go for killers respective perks... this would make me play different characters as survivor instead of just getting teachable and forgetting about them.. i only play few survs as they have all perks and i can rotate builds but adding enhanced variants will push me into playing different surv and i may get some skins otherwise I wouldnt have bothered to since i dont play that character..
any edge cases can be rounded off so they are not to game breaking.
Comments
That would be a nice idea if there wasn't already an established Meta
Meta perks like sprint burst, adrenaline, self care and MoM will become even more meta as most of these survivors already in high use Meg and Claudette.
Whilst off meta perks like alert technician wake up and boil over will get even less use.
i wanna play shirtless David, i do not want to play Bill just cause it would make Billowed Time / UnbreakaBill stronger
I mean 20% instead of 30% seems more reasonable, as it normally goes up by 5 per level. I feel like maybe picking and choosing ONE weak perk of each survivor and buffing it by a lot when they use it(or a little if it's already strong) would be the better choice. Like Bond being map-wide for Dwight, Meg's Quick and Quiet having 100% uptime, etc. Things like that that won't make perks OP, but will give a reason to use other survivors.
We need 5 perks. Make 1 character perk a base perk.
I wish there was a way to make all the survivors noticeably functionally different without messing up the balance. Unfortunately trying to do that now would just open a can of worms in terms of making it fair for both sides. Still I like the idea, just that some of the perks that are already super good will only be made better
Then dont have to enhance it a lot for those op perks..
Then what's the point? Its all of them or none of them. I'd prefer it to stay as it is.
On paper it sounds cool, and tbh I would be all for making individual survivors more than just skin preferences per se, but in reality it would just make characters like Claudette be played more AND you would have the added bonus of “get off Ace/some other character with weak perks, you’re making us lose!”
The same meta non meta problems that plague Overwatch would infiltrate dbd, and dbd can’t really afford the added toxicity.
In a way, while I would like something to differentiate the survivors in a balanced way, having survivors be just skins is actually quite nice and you’re free to express yourself and make builds how you see fit.
I think characters should immediately start out with their original perks maxed at tier 3 instead of earning them up like everyone else. It would help with the grind, incentivize trying out characters, and give the illusion of individuality without handing out a competitive advantage to be used as a cudgel against others.
I like the concept of each character having something unique to them other than skins and lore.
But whilst it would boost the usage of some characters, some would simply not get used. Would someone really take an enhanced Quentin into a match instead of an enhanced Claudette or Meg? I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a character with super-healing skills than one that can find purple medkits and open doors faster. But I suppose its down to the individual.
What might have been a good idea, would have been for each character to have one unique perk that isn't teachable. That way, you wouldn't have hillbillys with Hex Ruin, A Nurses Calling and BBQ and Chili. This would have enhanced character uniqueness and might have given more balance to the game. But I suppose its too late for that now.
Rather than boosting each perk, what about giving each character an additional and unique Set perk that activates when using their personal 3. This would make up for running an empty 4th slot without overpowering any specific traits.
Would be kinda pay2win with licences survivors. Especially cuz they get really strong perks as a selling point.
Yup i like this aswell .. this wouldnt change any numbers on existing perks but would add an extra one that hopefully synergizes with any one or 2 of the base perks.. i like it.
It would require alot of testing to be sure balance isn't obliterated. Maybe pick one perk of each survivors unique perks. In Claudette's case let's say Botany. Now give it an extra 5% to the healing speed and med kit efficiency. Not too broken I think. Just a nice little buff. Then go down the list. You could make non meta perks receive a bigger buff to make that character more appealing.
@burntFuse But in essence doesn't that just give you 4 perks? If no one likes that character's base perks and the "set perk" wasn't top tier, they'd likely not use that character anyways. People will just keep playing Claudette, Feng, Meg, and Nea. David would probably see less play unless people play him normally because of No Mither as well.
Personally I want all characters to have individual blood points for their character tree. That way people would have to play each character to level them. The only issue is that currently blood points are one big currency and it'd be hard to change from that, unless they just gave each character a percent of your current blood points. An optional thing could be giving certain perks that are currently top tier ONLY to those characters. Self-Care to Claudette, Balanced Landing to Nea, Sprint Burst to Meg, Dead Hard to David, Lithe to Feng, Leader to Dwight, Decisive Strike to Laurie, Mettle of Man to Ash, etc. May feel like crap if you leveled a character specifically to get the teachables for those perks, but I mean, most characters have one REALLY good perk that everyone wants to get the teachable for that generally end up becoming a bit too strong in combination with other strong perks. That would pretty much take away part of it.