Does anyone else feel bad for Freddy?
Introduction
I love that I figured out where to change the headings, anyways hello! This post is going to be a W E I R D one indeed.
So I was thinking a lot about Freddy recently before it was announced that they will be looking into his rework in 2 weeks, and in that time I thought about this one thing.
"Man, Freddy has had like... zero love for the 2 years hes been released. Literally everyone rags on him, hes considered the weakest Killer released. And to such a iconic character in the horror genre I kinda think that's sad, hes not really had any love has he except by a niche group and myself included."
And I thought about this for awhile, I discussed a lot with other people in regards to his current power and what ideas they had to the table on what to change and even rework the character into while staying true to the film.
But the entire time, I kinda just felt bad for him. Its ironic to feel bad for a literal murderer, but when you think about his history with this game it hasn't been at all a good one. He's just been a spawn of meme after meme of being the worst of the bunch.
Freddy Kruegers History in DBD
As stated before the Killer has seen better days, boasting a ability that just made him drag Survivors into a dream state that allowed him to use his one and only way to down survivors... the M1. For one this led Freddy down a bad path from the start as M1 killers already have it rough, the problem with M1 killers though is that they suffer from a loop-able pattern that skilled Survivors know all too well.
The core issue with Freddy was the fact he was a M1 killer at heart, yes his invisibility makes for some funny surprise chases and can be very useful at times... But it wasn't really enough, he needed to be a cut above the rest but couldn't because of these limitations.
Now don't get me wrong, anyone who has gone in-depth with Freddy and even P3-50'd him like myself has had more than their fair share of fun with him. I just feel though he wasn't really given a chance, and that most people just write him off as bad and as such never played him or even bought his DLC.
Hell, I even did that when I was starting out in this game. I refused to buy his DLC because of how bad he was, I played him once with the Smoking Splinter and wrote him off as bad and never used him again. Later down the line I gave him another chance and don't regret my decision ever since.
Freddys Upcoming changes
While we're not sure what he will be changed into (we don't really know anything to be honest at this current time) we do know that it is something that's been hyped up for years. People have begged and asked for this, and its starting to come around finally after 2 years of asking and even pleading.
We won't really know what is in stored for Freddy but to me I'm sure it will be an interesting change indeed, and hey maybe people will finally give this horror icon the recognition he deserves. We may finally actually have something to fear out of the man that is Freddy Krueger.
Conclusion
I've felt bad for him ever since I first laid my eyes on him, but now I have something to look forward to when he is finally changed.
So for everyone reading, we can finally think of him in a more positive outlook and he may even be one of the best Killers that DBD has ever seen.
Thank you guys for reading,
See you in the fog.

Comments
Also this post is supposed to be a play on words, like you're supposed to feel bad for him now... but...feel good...about his changes?
I don't know...
I mean hey, at least legion is keeping him company, and the plague is in the next room over
I like to think of them all living in a apartment complex, and Freddy's sharing his room with Legion at the bottom while Billy and Nurse live at the top floor.
@FireHazard Having Tea, while laughing at the inferiors in the basement
Something like that.
And with a MoM perk
Yes i feel bad for Freddy i hope the rework won't be a nightmare.
Was...was that supposed to be a pun.
Were we just punned @xllxENIGMAxllx cause it felt like it.
Yes it was intended. anyway Freddy can't be worse then he is now right.
This is true, but we'll have to see since we don't even have any information on it yet. All we have is a date, but its something right?
-Cries in Legion-
At least he has a roommate in that apartment.
"Freddy can't be worse then he is now right."
@xllxENIGMAxllx What... Did... You... Just... Do?
He gives me nightmare to think about it.
You just doomed Freddy by jinxing it!
Run before he makes more puns... RUN!
@FireHazard It's not the puns I'm afraid of. But thanks to him saying Freddy can't get any worse... Freddy is doomed.
Lol i'm out.
@Shad03 Karma IS the strongest of all black magics. We have much to fear now...
@xllxENIGMAxllx The rework is gonna be fire hot
Lol hope the rework is after ghost release cause i want to try simple on him rn
The worst killer? I still say he's better than Leatherface.
Depends how you use him and what Add-ons he has. Most people use the time reduction add-ons because... why wouldn't you lmao.
With Z block and Unicorn block a Freddy can be very terrifying. As for Leather face people would argue hes better, but for what you said i'll have to agree @Rex_Huin