Mori Improvements/Ideas

Hello! This is my first post in the forums, and I would like to post some ideas about moris that I hope the community and developers will like.

*Disclaimer*

These should NOT be high priority items. Game-balancing, dedicated servers, matchmaking, new content, etc. should absolutely come before any of this.

1. Make moris third-person (survivor perspective) by default – I’m confident most of the community will agree that moris are much more enjoyable to see from a third-person POV than the killers’ first-person POV. It seems like the developers are also starting to prefer this considering the last three killers have all had their moris in third-person only, presumably because they would look awkward or be difficult to animate if they were in first-person. I think this would be a nice quality-of-life change, especially because it would also allow all killers to see their customized character during the animation. It would make those hard-earned cosmetics feel a little more worth it since killers normally don’t get to enjoy seeing their cosmetic in-game other than at the very beginning of the match, and then just seeing their weapon and feet.

2. Rework/add additional moris for killers – The developers have been getting more creative with moris for each new killer, which is starting to make the oldest ones (Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly) show their age. I think reworking some of the older ones could be great, but I think an even better idea would be to eventually add new ones for all the killers over time. My thought is which mori you want to use could then be pre-selected or customized before a match, similar to an offering. If these additions required a great amount of extra work for the developers, I would not bat an eye at paying $4.99 for a mori expansion DLC pack. I’m sure some people will protest this considering many people already complain about how expensive cosmetics are. However, I think an extra price tag for this additional content would be well-deserved, and a lot of people would be willing to pay for it if the moris are good. It would be another way to help development team grow and create additional content.

Overall, I think improving and expanding the memento moris would be a great project for the development team to invest in at some point in the future. Whenever a new killer comes out on the PTB, you constantly see videos highlighting the new mori. It’s something a lot of people get excited about and I would not underestimate the impact it could make on player satisfaction. I hope the community and developers see this and will give it their consideration. Thank you!

Comments