Apologies & Balance FeedBack

When the PTB for the clown was dropped, I was hyped like everyone else yet I started to face some SWF groups that made me feel as if nothing changed despite the pallet vacuum was gone during the PTB. I previous had bottled up emotions from all the issues going on for killer mains at the time and just blew up on the forums.. It was quite childish, and I feel like a clown for it.. I sincerely apologize for my baby fit!

After some of the changes on the PTB went live, I did notice a change for solo players compared to SWF at all ranks, I would completely dominate solo groups compared to now doing okay against good SWFs, which actually concerns me. As some of you may know that the perks Self-Care, Sprint Burst, and Decisive Strike are getting big changes in their own way. Also, exhaustion is getting changed( which Is the big change to Sprint Burst and any other perk that is connected to the exhaustion mechanic) to where if you run, you won't recover from it, which I am very concern about for solo players at all ranks along with other upcoming changes.

Before we dive into what I think needs to be done, I've recently went from rank 20 Survivor to rank 5. I'm getting rank 1 today or tomorrow yet during my experience, I've realized how hard it is for a SOLO SURVIVOR compared to an SWF GROUP, which makes me feel all these changes that are coming are punishing solo player who are pretty much ninjas in the fog. I've also experience bad behavior from both Killer & Survivors, I wish to address as well.

My Concerns for SOLO SURVIVORS & Suggestions to Fix/Balance the SOLO SURVIVOR experience

Concern 1- Once these changes come through, I feel it will be much more difficult to escape the killer as it is now. I feel like when I am trying to hide from an amazing killer who pays attention my usual cunning hiding spots are pointless and sometime I take risks like as the killer is coming around the wall, I quiet vault to the other side of the window along with other methods of being a ninja. I feel as if there's not enough places to actually hide.

Suggestion/fix 1-.For example, I feel like there's a lot of wasted objects on the map since not many people hide in lockers from what I've seen in my high rank games as survivor. I wish I could hide in objects. For example, on the jigsaw map, there's a bathtub with a dead body in it. I wish the body wasn't there and I had a choice to hide in the tub and have skillchecks so I can hold my breath and also with the limitation that I can only hide there for x amount of time. of course, it would be cool for a killer to search the water and yank me out if they find me. Also, if I were to leave the water, I would be wet for x amount of time leaving puddles behind.Another example would be the cars in the game. it would be cool if I could hide in those or perhaps since they're rusted, I would need to hit skillchecks to open it and have the choice now to hide in them. my fellow ninjas request more places to hide & I believe adding some of these features would allow much more engaging and healthy gameplay.

Concern 2- Camping can indeed be a decent strategy yet as a high ranking killer myself, I strongly feel that camping is only a good strategy when it comes to the gates are powered or open, when three generators are close together, survivors being way too overconfident, parties in the basement, basement builds, and finally when a generator is nearly done and you hook a survivor near it. You now have objective control over both the hook and generator yet my main concern is with the blatant camping aka griefing . I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

Suggestions/fix 2- I think it's not a bad idea to create items or more perks that can free someone being camped. What i believe should happen is that our report system needs to be reworked to deal with people who grief just to ruin your day yet here are my ideas.

Purple Bomb- I name this item purple bomb to give homage to our good old friend( I hate you) purple flashlight. The light bomb would be an ultra rare that when thrown, will blow up on impact, stunning a killer near the hook for x amount of seconds due to the immense amount of Auric light or just light produced from the blast. The draw back of this item that the killer must be near a hook and only ONE can be brought into the game. If more than one purple bomb is attempted to be brought into the game, only one person will keep their purple bomb randomly and the others will have different items they own and if they own no items, no items will be brought.

FireCrackers- They never bothered me once as a killer yet I found use as them as a survivor. I feel like firecrackers deafen mechanic can be looked at to change it to where a killer can't perform any action besides moving while deafen x amount of time depending on the firecrackers' rarity.

Adding a special toolbox or toolbox add on that allows for a survivor to be able to unhook someone by causing the hook to collapse and if the camping killer is in that radius of the collapse hook, they're stun for x amount of time.

Perk 1- The Jester's Demise- If a Killer camps you for x amount of time when the gates ARE NOT OPEN OR POWERED IN ANY AMOUNT the Entity grants you it's protection for x amount of time to you and your savior to where nothing can put you into a dying state for x amount of time. T-baging will disable the effect and borrowed time, Adrenaline, and no perks such as self care, dead hard, and much more cannot be used during The Jester's Demise and X amount of time afterwards on both players who have The jester's Demise on them. This can only be used once per Trial( game) If the killer is in a chase around the hook, the x amount of time will not be added. I put x amount of time as in how much time would be needed to active the perk.

Perk 2- Not_Dead- If a killer camps you to second stage for x amount of time, the second stage will be delayed & The Fog will swirl around you, you will have a chance to hit a skillcheck. if you hit this skillcheck, the fog will teleport you to a safe spot on the map, very far from the exit gate yet very far from killer. if the killer tries to hit the fog that shrouds you in those moments, you will be healed to a healthy state.

We could also add some items for characters for example a guitar that can only be used and found by Kate Denson Kate wil be able to use guitar to quell the killer for x amount of time by playing the song that caused her to come into The Entity's world or a foul pizza. Dwight can used a foul pizza ridden with auric cells to distract the killer to devour it for x amount of time.

Concern 3- Self care is getting a major change soon to where you cant heal yourself out of an injured state well if you're a solo ninja myself.. Sometimes you're the last one left or cant find anyone unless you're running certain perks.

Suggestion/Fix 3- I think we should add plants that Claudette recognizes from our realm that can remedy a wound. The Entity is pumping up their game and wanting our group of Survivors to feel a bit of hope to continue it twisted game. From now on plants will spawn in Dead by Daylight that you can use to heal yourself to full or heal you to x amount. if you Have Botany Knowledge, you can use these plants to heal yourself to full. If not, you can heal yourself a bit past the Self Care Cap. The healing speed depends yet it will be VERY MUCH FASTER with Botany Knowledge. the Spawns have a spawn time, the plants require a skillchecks, if you fail skillchecks, the Killer will be notified because you pricked your finger and something and went " ow" or something. The killer can also see the plants once they go past them and there will be stages where you can tell if survivors where there. If you plant just got used just then, you will see a single survivor footprint in the delicate soil or if the survivor was injured using the plant their blood will stain it for x amount of time.. YOU CANNOT USE THE PLANTS IF YOU HAVE SELF CARE AS A PERK! I believe adding these plants would change up the meta and make the game more interesting.

Concern 4- I'll keep this one short because this is very long anyways & I feel like no one will get this far and read it yet I feel like a lot of these nerfs are because of SWFs. I believe if we cant nerfing things because of SWF then it's going to be no other choice for us ninjas( Solo Survivors) to become SWFs ourselves.

Suggestion/fix 4- This suggestion/fix is as old as time itself. Just make a different Q from SOLO and SWF Players, and have the killers opt out the option to play against groups, solos, or both!

Comments