End game changes lack urgency and threatening nature
Sure the ground turns different colors but I wouldn't call that threatening as it stands now the timer is still far too forgiving. If you are playing a survival/horror game shouldn't there be actual stakes instead of a forgiving timer and ground turning colors?
Comments
48:20-49:25
The Devs dont want a horror game.
They want a "survivor enjoy the party with friends simulator".
It's been out less than a day ๐ Also, that timer is pretty quick and if there are survivors hooked or down, due to the pipping changes, they HAVE to save them in order to pip.
More so with comedy horror not to bash on evil dead it's a classic but it's drifting away from a horror game and I hear the term its a party game alot such a shame tbh I wish the game was actually survival horror or heading in that direction than the direction its currently going.
@Darkskies
In this 1 min and 5 seconds, they say many things.
But everything was the opposite from a horror game.
And I agree with you.
Many people understand, that killers are the powerole.
Because the powerole make the game scary.
Game definitely needs that scare factor and for it to be and have a true survival feel.
I see it alot when playing both side there's no fear even with Micheal he's not considered the strongest but he truly scares me everytime lol I respect his ability to go from 0 to slaughter in a short amount of time but most people I see point tea bag then dc the moment they screw the team.
But it's not from fear they dc it's from hey party game rank doesn't matter I hear it so much.
Unsure the direction they plan I really hold out hope for this to go to survival horror as I feel its the game I thought dbd was originally.
This isn't a horror game. Its a game for friends to enjoy together, with a solo person providing them entertainment.
I find that the urgency depends on the position the survivors are in going into the end game. If everyone's healed and the killer isn't chasing anyone, it's not going to feel very urgent. All you have to do is open the gate and slip out. If the killer has several people injured and is chasing someone, though, it can be very deadly.
It's only been out for a day but I've already had a couple situations where I was able to spin it to my advantage. If I get a late hook, the rest of the survivors need to decide if it's worth sticking around and going for the save or if they should just cut their losses and leave. If you toss Blood Warden into the mix, you have a whole new thing to worry about. If the killer hooks someone after a minute of the timer passes, unhooking that survivor right away is a death sentence for everyone who's still in at the time.
Ultimately, it's what you make of it. If the killer had a bad match and everyone's sitting pretty when the end game starts, it's not going to put much pressure on the survivors. If they're just barely hanging on by a thread, it could be a game changer.
The EGC isn't supposed to help you kill. It's there for Survivors to get out as fast as they can. It's up to them if they save their friends after it started, but they have limited time to do so.
I've played plenty of killer matches today and it's just not threatening. Between the million DS spams with Mettle of Man survivor mode is just a joke for some matches
If Remember me wasn't nerfed into oblivion I could see it actually being useful in the end game.