Ranking Update by Killer
Hi All,
who else thinks that killer rankings should be by killer?
I think it is pretty stupid to have a main killer which levels you up to rank 5+ or even with Legion atm you get pips even on 0-1 kill games, and when you try to go for achievements or try to learn a new killer you get totally biten your *** because you have to play as unexperienced killer against experienced survivors.
I stopped learning nurse as it totally is no fun. Everyone knows the moves to dodge the blink hits, can estimate the range of the blink, of the lunge and you have no chance to even learn the ranges yourself as you already have to deal with the jukes you are facing.
Surely nurse is the hardest example here, but there are also other killers that are not really fun to learn. And getting a double pip for the adept achievement is nearly impossible if you are not familiar with the killer.
Btw, why don't survivors need double pips for the adept? But that's just offtopic
Comments
The problem with this is that playing a different killer generally doesn't fundamentally change the way you play unless you're trying to learn Nurse, Hillbilly, Spirit, Huntress or Hag. That being said, for every killer except Nurse anything you learn that makes you a better player applies to every other killer as well for things such as mindgames while every killer learns how to pressure the game generally in the same way.
So if we consider that, your suggestion would actually allow people to just bully new survivors if they had such an intention in mind as you would still have the same general game knowledge. The best thing I can recommend is to just have fun learning the killer rather than winning with them so you can enjoy how much you improve with them, afterall even putting yourself against good survivors as a new killer will actually teach you more about how you should play the killer against them as the same tricks you would use on a rank 1 would not work on a rank 20 and vice versa.
Well, there is a bit difference between rank 20 and rank 1, yes. But i'm not even playing in these ranks. Of course the rank reset would be a problem because you cannot keep all killers on high rank during one season.
But the point is, you mention 5 killers. I'd definitely add Freddy and Doctor / Pig at least also have a different set of mindgames. But talking about the 5 you mention, that is already a third of the complete set. Making it hard to learn 33% of the killers if you didn't start with them is a bit too much I think. Not talking about the game changing addons all of the killers have.
Speaking of Huntress, that is also a killer I gave up with. Like on every killer, you can practice the power on open fields. As soon as the survivors reach a tiny little loop, they know when to dodge, when to use the pallet and so on, making the hatchets useless for me. Resulting in a couple of draw/put back actions, throwing hatchets into the car and finally ending the chase by bloodlust 3. I really don't know how to practice a killer when you don't successfully use your power even once in a full game. And I don't know how you would rate this if you see me playing. If you give the common post-game-chat-answer "you are bad" I'm not even interested ;P But I would not call this fun.