Open (friendly) letter to anyone directly involved making DbD

So I would like to start by saying I am exclusively and Xbox One player, for the main reason I have never been able to get a hold of gaming with a mouse and keyboard.


Anyways, since DbD was first released, I was instantly hooked (pardon the pun). I saw several gameplay videos from Achievement Hunter and from that point on, just had to find more. Found a lot of new YouTubers with great content that I hadn't seen before. Anyone who was playing the game, I watched. As anyone in my position would, was instantly hoping that one day, DbD would make its way to Xbox. When it did, brought it instantly, and that was my game. Play it before work, played it after.

When the forum was launched and Xbox players were pointing out the dropping of frames, connectivity issues, I honestly didn't care. I was just happy to have the game and finally be able to play it.

However, since The Pig was launched, there would be a gap inbetween the amount I would play. Was first a few days, then weeks, then months. Whenever I came back to it, would binge it for at least a week straight, then just stop again.

This last time I came back to it, I found that the game (on Xbox at least) is basically dead. That was just a week ago. Whilst there are many reasons for this such as new games being released on a regular basis, the main issue has to be is that this game is completely different to the one I fell in love with.

Crossplay is sorely needed to help with the games future lifespan. The ranking system should not be how players get matched together, you would be safer basing it around total hours played (as killer or survivor). I would argue that we don't need anymore perks. There are already so many to choose from. You would be better off starting a new survivor/killer with either 3 random pre-exsisting perks or (in the case of the killer) 3 that assists their ability.

To the developers, you have provided SO much variety, that the new perks at this point are an afterthought. The same ones still get used unless the killer/survivor is challenging themselves to use something uncommon.

I want to be clear that I want to keep playing this game. Each time I come back to it though, it feels like such a slog to get into just one game. Then even when in that game, there are no guarantees that there won't be disconnections or just straight up sandbaggers to ruin the game.

I still have faith in this game. That it can come back from being dead and continue to live on. I would love to hear from someone, anyone within the community or development side of things, to find out if there are any plans of how to extend the life of the game going forward. If you don't want to reply publicly, then by all means, send a message to my inbox.

Thank you to any and all who took the time to read this.

Sincerely, Shameful King.

Comments