RBT key chance idea

The Killer player has RBT with different key chance.

The Player can choose them with 1,2,3,4,5(numpad) and then

use them with the killer ability.

Without Addons:

1 RBT : The survivor must search in 2 boxes to find the right key

1 RBT : The survivor must search in 3 boxes to find the right key

2 RBT : The survivor must search in 4 boxes to find the right key

Last Will:

1 RBT : The survivor must search in 2 boxes to find the right key

2 RBT : The survivor must search in 3 boxes to find the right key

2 RBT : The survivor must search in 4 boxes to find the right key

Edit:

I hope the people can understand my idea better, now.


I just want talk about this idea separated.

Because I dont know, if it would be too strong.

And I dont know, if players understand my idea correctly.

If someone can write down this better, then could you give it

to me?

It would be rly nice.







This is the idea from me in another discusion:

Comments

  • How would this work on console/with a controller?

    Also, what stops the Pig from camping the box?

  • Ok, wait.

    Does this mean that the other boxes have a 0% chance of being the right one or what?

  • @LCGaster said:

    Ok, wait.

    Does this mean that the other boxes have a 0% chance of being the right one or what?

    I would assume so, since that's how the boxes currently work (only with the correct box randomly chosen).

  • @TAG

    Alright then.

    I prefer the traps like they are now

  • @LCGaster said:

    @TAG

    Alright then.

    I prefer the traps like they are now

    I think they need some buff to them, but not one that lets you remotely choose where the keys go.

  • This doesn't really do anything for her one way or the other. She just knows the correct box ahead of time, but since the game is designed to pick a single box the moment the trap is attached she could get the sort of info this would provide through process of elimination. Not that she cares as you're just making them do searches to stall the game and get them outta position.

  • @TAG @ReikoMori @LCGaster

    Im rly sry, but I cant explain good.

    You guys understand it wrong.

    Example:

    Pig use the first RBT:

    1 RBT with 100% key chance in the second jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.


    The survivor has 0% key chance in his first jigsaw box.

    But the survivor has 100% key chance in his second jigsaw box.


    The pig doesnt know which box is the right box.

    But she know, that the survivor will find the key in the second box he search.

    So the pig cant camp the boxes.

    And the survivor doesnt know, how many boxes he need.

    Do you guys understand it know?

    And can someone explain this better?

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    @TAG @ReikoMori @LCGaster

    Im rly sry, but I cant explain good.

    You guys understand it wrong.

    Example:

    Pig use the first RBT:

    1 RBT with 100% key chance in the second jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.

    The survivor has 0% key chance in his first jigsaw box.

    But the survivor has 100% key chance in his second jigsaw box.

    The pig doesnt know which box is the right box.

    But she know, that the survivor will find the key in the second box he search.

    So the pig cant camp the boxes.

    And the survivor doesnt know, how many boxes he need.

    Do you guys understand it know?

    And can someone explain this better?

    If I am understanding this correctly, the number you choose determines how many boxes the Survivor needs to search through? Sorry, it's admittedly hard to understand.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/453510#Comment_453510

    If I am understanding this correctly, the number you choose determines how many boxes the Survivor needs to search through? Sorry, it's admittedly hard to understand.

    Yes. Now you understand it.

    @TAG


  • I mean, would that not still cause a problem with just camping in front of a box after the Survivor has searched X boxes? Like, in the best case scenario for the Pig, you make it so they have to search all four boxes. This gives you a good bit of time knowing they have to search three, and then once they go for the last box, you sit in front of the last box and just wait out the timer. Even if you set it so they have to search three boxes, you just defend the last two and do the same thing. If you set it so they have to search less than three boxes, I doubt it would be worth the trouble. It seems like a lot of work to implement an idea that would either be too strong or too weak with no in-between.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/453655#Comment_453655

    I mean, would that not still cause a problem with just camping in front of a box after the Survivor has searched X boxes? Like, in the best case scenario for the Pig, you make it so they have to search all four boxes. This gives you a good bit of time knowing they have to search three, and then once they go for the last box, you sit in front of the last box and just wait out the timer. Even if you set it so they have to search three boxes, you just defend the last two and do the same thing. If you set it so they have to search less than three boxes, I doubt it would be worth the trouble. It seems like a lot of work to implement an idea that would either be too strong or too weak with no in-between.

    Thats rly interesting.

    But camping the jigsaw box is the same thing, like camping the hook.

    I rly dont know.

    Maybe increase the jigsaw boxes and increase the range from the jigsaw box to another jigsaw box.

    Mhhh......

    Testing it in the PTB would help.

  • I understood well enough, but I just don't see the idea being of any use to the Pig. Optimally you don't want a survivor finishing a box to begin with. You want them to start one, fail the skill checks, and scare them off so they have take longer to do the boxes while being at risk of being hunted down and ambushed.

    Deciding which box is the box they need doesn't serve her any better than the game picking it at random for her as it does now. It's a change that gives her control of something that doesn't actually aid her much. You'd be able to stop people from getting it off on the first search, but why not just give an addon that makes it so it can never been the first box you search?

    Would be easier to implement and not give the player extra junk to fiddle with on the side. Gotta keep in mind that you want to avoid as much time waste as possible even in the scale of seconds.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    I understood well enough, but I just don't see the idea being of any use to the Pig. Optimally you don't want a survivor finishing a box to begin with. You want them to start one, fail the skill checks, and scare them off so they have take longer to do the boxes while being at risk of being hunted down and ambushed.

    Deciding which box is the box they need doesn't serve her any better than the game picking it at random for her as it does now. It's a change that gives her control of something that doesn't actually aid her much. You'd be able to stop people from getting it off on the first search, but why not just give an addon that makes it so it can never been the first box you search?

    Would be easier to implement and not give the player extra junk to fiddle with on the side. Gotta keep in mind that you want to avoid as much time waste as possible even in the scale of seconds.

    @ReikoMori

    I can say, you dont understand it.

    But its my bad , because i cant explain good engouh.

    As example, you are the survivor and the pig use this RBT on you:

    1 RBT with 100% key chance in the third jigsaw box from the survivor with this RBT.

    You must search in 3 boxes to find the key.

    And thats always.

    The pig doesnt choose the right box,

    the pig choose how many boxes you need.

    This is a big difference.

    If the pig use all RBT, then all survivors search in 13 boxes without Last Will.

    And thats every game, if the pig use all RBT.

  • @TAG

    I edit my post.

    Can you guys understand this better,now?

    And Im rly sry for my bad english.

  • the only buff they will put its ambush attack or maybe a rework of her addons but not on rbt cuz it will be cheese on killers and ive seen alot of pigs that are like that

  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    the only buff they will put its ambush attack or maybe a rework of her addons but not on rbt cuz it will be cheese on killers and ive seen alot of pigs that are like that

    I rly dont understand what you said.

    I think you would say something about cheese pigs.

    But I think my change will nothing change for this players.

    And I dont like chees pigs, too.