If the Afterpiece Tonic is Clown's favorite......
how ######### were the other ones?
how ######### were the other ones?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
lmao
I agree, his power is really really lacking and tbh, they need to do something about it.
The problem is that I am pretty sure he is really good against your average survivors since they tend to make many mistakes but when it comes to above average survivors, it feels like he doesn't have a power if you don't run any addons.
I know it is going to come as bullshit for many people but I really want them to take a look at the matches where the clowns use readhead's pinky finger (addon that makes you exposed). Is that addon really that powerful to be not base kit?
We can go and buff him in traditional way by making the effect last longer with higher slow rates but it is a really boring approach and doesn't make him more difficult and rewarding to play as if you are good.
The thing for me is he slows himself down so much when he throws a bottle and his bottle doesn't slow survivors down for long enough at base. Both an Ether add-on and a Feather add-on feel required.
Also his power is countered hard by camping pallets. Though this counter would be fine with me if there weren't so many pallets on each map as well as if there was a second objective
I always use add ons for the tonic.
One of them probably made you recover from Exhaustion.
I agree with you.
As far as I know, you are an old player so you might know the initial ptb for the clown. There might be newer players that don't know how the pre release clown was so I am gonna point this out.
In his ptb, while holding his bottle, clown was getting slowed down. IIRC, his movement speed while holding the bottle was 105%. His 'power' was literally hindering him rather than being a help.
That's why I doubt developers so much. I know it is going to suck reading this but they don't know their own game or how it works.
Some of the buffs that we are talking about like more effective clown bottles, trapper being able to carry 3 traps, raising pig's slow crouch speed, fixing impaired vision with making impractical ambush attack more practical etc. are not even buffs, these are how these killers should have been in the first place, and I say this as a survivor main.
I am pretty sure they trust their stats but stats can be so deceptive, I kinda lost hope tbh.
Yeah, I was around for Clown's launch. Surprisingly, after the PTB, he was mid tier. This was because he didn't slow down as much from throwing a bottle as he does now. His gas also lasted longer at base. I'm not entirely sure when the shadownerf happened, but it happened sometime after 2.1.2, and that is when Clown became more or less a joke.
Edit: his MS while holding a bottle in PTB was 110. And yeah, I agree that they have made killers way too reliant on add-ons when they should focus on making the base kits strong, then have add-ons compliment them, not make them considerably stronger.