Another "Aim-assist" to smooth animation

https://youtu.be/puWaI3iW7WQ


Go to 0:35 it just shows to me again that the "aimassist just to smooth animation" actually a damn "aimbot".

I would love that th devs removes this "feature", not only does it F up survivors but killers aswell (walls, hooked survivor, Freddy etc)

Comments

  • The Claudette literally Dead Harded to avoid the hit, that's why Dwight got downed, because the DH animation pushed Billy near Dwight.

    There is no aimbot, aim assist, auto aim or anything like that in the game.

    Edit:

    I also want to mention that It worked exactly like when you chainsaw into a totem or chest, Billy will just avoid the hitbox of that object.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    The Claudette literally Dead Harded to avoid the hit, that's why Dwight got downed, because the DH animation pushed Billy near Dwight.

    There is no aimbot, aim assist, auto aim or anything like that in the game.

    Edit:

    I also want to mention that It worked exactly like when you chainsaw into a totem or chest, Billy will just avoid the hitbox of that object.

    But that Billy shouldn't have "slided" together with Claudettes dead hard, without aim assist he would have chainsawed besides Claudette and Dwight. U know what I'm saying?

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/446379#Comment_446379

    But that Billy shouldn't have "slided" together with Claudettes dead hard, without aim assist he would have chainsawed besides Claudette and Dwight. U know what I'm saying?

    @HavelmomDaS1

    No, every killer "slides" their lunge if the survivor uses Dead Hard to avoid the hit, that's why sometimes you can hit the survivor after he is done with the animation. Dead Hard just makes the survivor's hitbox have the same hitbox as totems and chests for a little time, you "slide" if you try to hit those objects too.

  • The video clearly shows what happens when dead hard interacts with a killer whose in motion. They get their trajectory altered and in this situation Claudette's got invulnerability frames from DH so Dwight takes the hit for her. Think of it as a forced body block scenario. Also looking at how the Billy was coming in either of them could have easily been hit by the saw, but since dette made herself safe Dwight had to take the hit as he had no time to move.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/446381#Comment_446381

    @HavelmomDaS1

    No, every killer "slides" their lunge if the survivor uses Dead Hard to avoid the hit, that's why sometimes you can hit the survivor after he is done with the animation. Dead Hard just makes the survivor's hitbox have the same hitbox as totems and chests for a little time, you "slide" if you try to hit those objects too.

    But that isn't a lunge, it's chainsaw sprint. Billy here slides to the side "following" dead hard (cuz aim assist) and after that hits Dwight. Without aim assist he wouldn't have hit Dwight

  • @ReikoMori said:

    The video clearly shows what happens when dead hard interacts with a killer whose in motion. They get their trajectory altered and in this situation Claudette's got invulnerability frames from DH so Dwight takes the hit for her. Think of it as a forced body block scenario. Also looking at how the Billy was coming in either of them could have easily been hit by the saw, but since dette made herself safe Dwight had to take the hit as he had no time to move.

    Nooo that's wrong, watch the part again (in slow-motion), without the slide to the side (Due to aim assist) he would have missed Dwight.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/446390#Comment_446390

    But that isn't a lunge, it's chainsaw sprint. Billy here slides to the side "following" dead hard (cuz aim assist) and after that hits Dwight. Without aim assist he wouldn't have hit Dwight

    @HavelmomDaS1

    It's not aim assist, that Billy probably started turning his camera to hit Claudette when he saw her moving and the game registered his chainsaw hitbox connecting with Dwight's hitbox.

  • I've seen this EXACT some movement but as a killer.

    Since I've started playing, about half a dozen times, while playing Bunny Mom, I've seen players, quite obviously, move from side to side, avoiding a hatchet thrown at them.

    Now when I say side to side....I mean, 2 inches on my screen to the right or left. We've all played this game long enough to know what forward running to the left or right looks like, and I'm telling you, this looks like someone came in with a hook, pulled the survivor out of the path of the hook, and put them right back.

    It still happens from time to time, and more often on smaller scales....like a sped up survivor moment (not DH, I know what that looks like)...I'll try to get a vid today of it.

    Personally, I know it looks suspect as hell....bu after all these years, I think it's just the servers trying to make sense and get caught up to the game status (meaning where players are in relation to the world and each other in the world).

    Pretty sure it's not hacks. But holy hell, if what I'm seeing is designed into the game as a rng mechanic, that would be very disappointing.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 That is not aim assist. The aim assist doesn't target survivors when they use dead hard. The Hillbilly just got lucky that the Claudette pushed him to the location to hit Dwight.