If the killer runs stridor...
If you run Iron will 3 will you be able to hear your own groans of pain if the killer has stridor?
If you run Iron will 3 will you be able to hear your own groans of pain if the killer has stridor?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I believe so.
@brokedownpalace thanks
You will be able to, yes, although it will be fairly faint.
@Peanits Then Stridor is bugged, I could hear it as bright as day and it disrupted some of the sounds I needed
The problem with Stridor though is that its currently bugged against Iron Will and has been since patch 1.4.1. Iron Will used to function the way you are saying against stridor, in that while IW reduced pained grunting sound by 100% Stridor would bring that back up in volume to 50%, however since the bug was introduced, IW flat out defeats Stridor every time by completely reducing the volume 100% regardless of Stridors effect. When this first occurred everyone noticed and asked the devs if it was a bug, and they confirmed it was in a live stream, but it's never been fixed. Without IW, Stridor still increases the volume of pained grunting by another 50% on top of the normal level, so 150% is what the killer hears, but against IW it's completely useless currently. This is especially disconcerting when you consider its original role was meant to be the counter perk for IW when it came out. So if you are worried about killers being able to hear you when they have Stridor and you have IW, don't be, because until they fix it IW is the quintessential mute button for your whiny characters.
The fact that you are able to hear it is indicative that stridor is affecting you like it should, but i guarantee that the killer isn't hearing your cries of pain... Unless they actually did fix it and we never saw the patch note for the fix.
It does work to an extent. When I run IW vs. stridor I do hear my groans of pain when I cannot if killer does not use stridor. It is how I can tell a killer has stridor immediately.
It is still faint, with both at tier III groans of pain from an iron will user is only 50% volume. That mileage may vary - if you have a hard time hearing grunts normally, you may not hear them at all against IW even with stridor.