The consequences of bans.
So I got banned for a day from Dead by Daylight (I wont say why) and I want to ask if there is any big consequences after the ban is over. E.g. next ban will be much longer or something else will happen. Like, I've had quite a bit of "lag switch" complaints. Will I just get perma banned next time if I get too many "lag switch" complants or do something bad again? Btw I just have a internet that turns bad sometimes, it's not always #########. I stop playing when I realize it goes bad.
And yes, I have sure learned my lesson, this was the only time I would ever do someting bad. Because the thing that got me a banned would be something I probably would never be able to try out in Dead by daylight in the future. No it's not something like wallhacks and no, NOT the legion mend time exploits.
Plz don't ban me from here BEHV, for just saying I got banned, I HAVE learned my lesson, I understand what I have done and that it was very wrong of me to do.
Wanted to ask because this is my first ban from a game EVER. I'm nervous about bans and want to be a good player, not do bad things and have a clean record. I don't want to get banned and hopefully never get perma banned. I have put alot of money and time into Dead by Daylight, nearly 1K hours. It scared me that I may lose the effot I have put into Dead by daylight.
Have a wonderful day! And thanks in advance!
Comments
Bans will escalate until you are permanently banned. Note that reports by themselves don't do anything; the mods check to make sure you're actually guilty.
24H -> 48H -> 1W -> PERMANENT
This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest
Next ban 48 hours
Third ban 1 week
Fourth is permanent
It usually works this way but can skip some steps if you do something super crazy.
Temporary bans will progressively get longer each time and eventually become permanent. Details can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest
Outside of that, not much else happens. There is a record of your past bans but it won't affect the game in any other way. As Orion mentioned, we review each report on an individual basis. We do not ban based on reports alone.
Am I the only one that likes seeing threads like this? Evidence that A.) bad behavior is punished and B.) the punishments change a person's behavior.
@Dreamnomad Yeah well if you get banned in dbd it's not like you can just have 100 mil bloodpoints for the next account lol. Good thing OP learned his lesson though :)