Anyone else a bit sad the killer can't just open the gates whenever?

Before anyone comes out here going on about balance I know, that it would be broken to let the killer open gates super early.

However I just wish deep in my soul that I could anyway.

I figured since I play Legion I would just spread out damage and hooks and stall until everyone's on death hook.

Then asap activate the end-game state and activate SUDDEN DEATH.


Oh well.

Aside from that though I find the collapse to be simply fantastic. Honestly, my favorite part is how the ground gradually gets more and more red and filled with energy as the Entity gets closer and closer until suddenly she bursts forth from the very Earth!

Comments

  • You're probably the only one.

  • @Masta said:

    They cant?

    According to the video they showed they can....

    I thought we finally have the option to surender.... guess you still gotta go afk or DC then... nice

    That's just them using dev tools to activate them early. Killers won't be able to open gates any earlier than survivors could.

  • @Masta In the video it was said clearly that the survivor and killer can open powered exit gates.

  • it would be extremely silly if a killer could open the doors whenever he wants. It would be abused too i'm sure, if a killer is salty he just opens it to force everyone out. This would be the end of DBD.

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    it would be extremely silly if a killer could open the doors whenever he wants. It would be abused too i'm sure, if a killer is salty he just opens it to force everyone out. This would be the end of DBD.

    Yes, how awful that killers should be allowed to give up. Personally, I prefer when they DC and I lose my #########.

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    it would be extremely silly if a killer could open the doors whenever he wants. It would be abused too i'm sure, if a killer is salty he just opens it to force everyone out. This would be the end of DBD.

    I figured as much. Just wishful thinking on my part I suppose.