Collapse has no need

I think the whole design wont change anything about the endgame to be more fair or fun in any way. Its totally useless. Change my mind...

Comments

  • That’s your opinion. And there’s plenty of thread for you to look at if you want someone to change your mind.

    C45889E6-4564-42FC-AC89-04425E7C2794.png


  • Your opinion is dumb and wrong

    /thread

    thelegionpin.png


  • No free escape hatches for you.

    R72M66JWC8HE.png


  • It serves the obviously intended purpose, which is to end the asinine practice of holding the game hostage.

  • I dont have to change your mind, change my mind :)

  • Ends hatch standoffs and kills survivors in 3 minutes if they don't hurry out.

    Big news imo

  • @thatguyinktown Whether that was the intent with the hatch originally is moot, because it's still a problem with the last survivor holding the game hostage instead of going for the hatch, just to troll the killer.

    There have been posts about it off and on for a while, including people posting chat screen captures afterward where the survivor would laugh and admit that they went and made dinner or did laundry while hiding, with the killer having been unable to find them.

    Hell, I've suffered a couple of them myself. After spending a good 10 minutes looking for the little a-hole, including checking lockers, I could not find them. I have a beast of a PC and top-of-the-line internet, so I would finally minimize DbD and log into Overwatch or Paladins, checking back after each match. A couple times, I managed to play 3-5 matches (that is an average total time of 30-50 minutes, sometimes more) in the other game before the jerk finally decided to take the hatch or gates and leave (there were a couple of those times where the gates were open, and that one survivor refused to leave just to troll).

    For people without that kind of PC or internet strength, it's much worse. They have to sit there and just wait.

    Now with the end game collapse timer, they only have three minutes to get the hell out, or the Entity kills them and it counts as a normal sacrifice for the killer.

    A very needed addition to the game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/428355#Comment_428355

    Wasn't that the reason for a hatch in the first place, design-wise? Also the reason the game doesn't have a timer?

    Killer can stand directly on the hatch not giving a prompt for survivor to exit. If playing a killer like trapper or hag potentially they couldn't leave via hatch. This endgame is actually perfect at least to me.

  • If done correctly it seems like it will be fun. I'm not 100% on board with giving the killer a free kill if they can't kill the survivor. At the most I'd say they should get bleedout points, not sacrifice points. I mean the entity is who's actually getting the kill, the killer failed if the entity does the work. Why would the entity reward the killer, if they failed? This would also give the killer incentive to actually try to kill survivors, instead of slugging and/or just trying to keep them away from exit. Also Bleedout timer is what, 10 minutes? And Collapse is 3 minutes.... I see this causing problems and just preventing a determined survivor from being able to find the hatch or escape before bleedout which is rewarding killers for, doing nothing - doesn't seem right.

  • I'm pretty sure the changes were done so that people feel they need to leave. Sometimes you'll get games with survivors who feel like staying after they've won for a while or survivors holding the game hostage. This way, you'll be able to stop them from doing so. I've had matches where the last survivor was hiding around for a good while after the doors were opened (happens mostly when you're new, facing people who derank and know what they're doing). We'll have to wait for it to come out to see all it entails, but I'm excited for the changes.