End Game Collapse Feedback
Hi Devs.
ON PAPER, it sounds good, but I don't think it will change much, I have a few concerns.
But it sounds and looks really cool (the floor for instance), I give you that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGzYaiiMlY
-It's presented as a huge change, however I think it's just to avoid a survivor looking for the hatch for 10 minutes at the end game and to avoid a few more "game hostage" situations, not much more.
-If you hook or down someone, the timer slows down. So camping the last survivor or slugging won't do much for you. Also, unless you have Blood Warden, nobody will stay for long. Now if the gates are opened, they don't stay for long unless they want to tbag the killer, so they won't even bother if there's a timer.
-Now there's not only going to be a gen rush, also it's going to be a gate rush. Survivors will optimize the gates, and won't be staying (like searching chests or doing totems) giving even less chances for the killer to catch them off guard.
-The collapse starts when one exit gate is opened, not when the 5 gens are done. (the video isn't clear, since the bar starts when the 5 gens are done, at 0:36, but then the narrator says it starts when the door is opened) I think it's an error on the video.
-Now the hatch will spawn even if 0 gens are done? So if I fear a killer that hates me, I can just hide in a corner wait for everyone to die and that's it? a reward for doing nothing? What if another survivor thinks the same way and we're both waiting for the other one to die? It will be a boring and long stand off /game hostage situation.
-It would be nice if you can focus on a mechanic for the early game, so most killers won't need to rely on ruin, wasting a perk slot, just so generators don't fly by (and even with ruin, they do). Like looking for a toolkit before starting on a gen. Right now, there's no early game mechanic and the survivors can start on their objectives right away, while the killer has to spend like 20 seconds or more trying to find the first victim.
Thanks for reading!
Comments
@Coder I think what is happening in the video shouldn't be 100% correlated to gameplay. I think the same hatch mechanics still apply but the only difference is that the killer can now close it starting the timer and powering the exit gates.
On a sidenote, it looked like exhaustion wasn't going down (at 1:30 you can see the exhaustion is basically at 0% on meg) so it might mean that after the "collapse" begins, you can no longer use exhaustion perks or maybe you can use them once but won't recover from exhaustion?
@PolarBear yeah, I know the video is edited to try to portray what would happen (maybe they don't even have it working yet), because they go from 4 gens to "FIND EXIT" (instead of 1 gen left to "FIND EXIT") that's why I assumed it was an error on the video and the actual collapse starts when one gate is opened.
@Coder Nevermind what I said about the hatch spawning... The dude literally said that the hatch will spawn no matter how many generators were done. Not_Queen also said in the QnA thread that they activated the collapse earlier using a debug command.