SWF ranking idea

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but what if a SWF group had a permanent, separate rank attached to them for matchmaking purposes? Say that after dedicated servers launch, when a group plays as SWF, those players' first match is at the average of their ranks. From then on, the group ranks or deranks as a whole and the rank stays with them whenever those players play as a SWF, but their solo survivor rank is unaffected.

I feel like this would partly alleviate the wild inconsistencies in survivor skill level killers face from one game to the next at the same rank, and also somewhat address the two red rank player and two grey rank player bully sessions. If groups genuinely have players at different ends of the skill spectrum, their rank would eventually even out. It's not perfect by any means, but it might be worth looking into.

Comments

  • Im a SWF player and I dont think this is a good idea for anyone...

    Lets say Im in rank 13-11 as solo and my SWF team hits rank 1. Whenever I decide to play solo I'll go back to rank 13-11 and most probably face/play with people that are not as experienced as me. For the newbie killer It could be a pain in the ass and the newbie survivors would probably not learn a single thing...

    I could be completely wrong tho, the only way to know 100% if these rank ideas are gonna work is by testing them