DC mitigation mechanic

When a player DC's they are considered slugged but cannot be healed. If the final non-DC survivor is sacraficed then any DCed players will instantly bleed out.

What this means is that DCed players are not considered dead immediately and can still be hooked if desired. It also means perks like thanataphobia and dying light will consider them alive and the hatch won't open if they DC for that purpose.

Comments

  • I think this idea is kind of a mixed bag. On one hand, the killer isn't cheated out of useful perks they might need to win the match. On the other hand, survivors shouldn't be punished for their friends getting tilted and leaving, especially if Dying Light is in play.

    Some tweaks would have to be made, but this idea has a solid base.

  • @WaffleFalafel you misunderstand. Dying light considers them alive so the survivors don't get the debuff until they bleed out unless the Killer hooks them

  • Sounds good. As so long as the "Disconnect" symbol remains at the bottom so that other survivors don't waste their time attempting to unhook them (if it was the first hook) or to revive them from the slugged state.

  • I suggested something similar in the pinned post. I don't think allowing the killer to hook without allowing the other survivors to gain points by unhooking, healing is fair.

    IMO Survivors shouldn't be allowed to join any new game until the game they DC'd from is over for everyone. Their bodies should stay in the game after they DC forcing them to wait it out anyway so the point of DCing is negated. This solution doesn't stop killers from DCing to circumvent certain maps or whatever. But its a start.

  • @Jesya said:

    I suggested something similar in the pinned post. I don't think allowing the killer to hook without allowing the other survivors to gain points by unhooking, healing is fair.

    IMO Survivors shouldn't be allowed to join any new game until the game they DC'd from is over for everyone. Their bodies should stay in the game after they DC forcing them to wait it out anyway so the point of DCing is negated. This solution doesn't stop killers from DCing to circumvent certain maps or whatever. But its a start.

    @Jesya We could make it so that hooking DCed survivors doesn't effect their benevolence points. But no it doesn't SOLVE the issue.

    Plus I'm more looking at the mechanical side of the issue rather than the points side. Like I don't really care about the hook score, but not being able to get the aura reading off of BBQ is gamechanging sometimes