Thoughts from an “old timer”
Throughout the past two years, I’ve played dead by daylight as much as I can. I have racked up over two thousand hours on this game, so I find it interesting when I see threads from new survivors/killers complaining. I’m gonna skip around, so here’s the outline:
-survivors op
-killers op
-killers not scary
-survivor have an advantage (note that those four are all pretty much the same thing)
1: survivors do often manage to get the upper hand on me; but, I can often understand how they did it. The main way is my error or bad rng. Sometimes the hatch spawns under a survivor or a totem spawns in the open, I can’t control these. What I can control is how I adapt to asses my situation. Ruin destroyed instantly? Well, now I have to be extra aggressive. Survivors strength is dependent on the amount the killer lets them have.
2: the killer is quite on par with survivors strength. If the killer decides to play like a dick, then the tables may turn either way. If the killer isn’t an extreme-aggressor, then survivors can usually escape. The match can be tied to a lot of what the killer can and can’t do. Nurse can be extremely aggressive and not be destroyed over small errors, while Freddy has to play 100% perfectly 100% of the time, and still doesn’t have a good chance of winning.
3: the killer isn’t scary because you’re learning. It takes 1-2 hours to pick up and understand the game. The killer isn’t really a threat after 4-5.
4: I put reason three into paragraph 1&3
Comments
Yeah, the games gotten better, killer is not even as close to how frustrating it was back in the day
I'm with you on this. The game is much, much more balanced than it used to be.
It's dangerous to say on these forums, but the game is in its healthiest state balance-wise I've seen in my thousands of hours of playing it. I'm super excited for the future of the game and I hope the devs can sort out the networking and matchmaking issues that are undoubtedly the biggest problem with DBD right now.
Remember old 115% 3 blink nurse?
That was fun
how did people play Trapper before the rework? seemed ridiculously slower.
Yes, there have been a lot of improvements. But let's not forget that the game is still unbalanced. There still needs to be changed a lot more until we have a balanced game.
@T0xicTyler I agree that the matchmaking is one of the most pressing issues at the moment, along with the amount of dc's and the ranking system.