Head on perk : frustration

There is something horribly wrong with the range of this perk when you try to activate it.

Killer in front of the locker not getting a stun; it's so frustrating and when it does work it's usually when the killer is way outside the locker area.

i really don't understand why they didnt test this perk.

Comments

  • so no one is frustrated with how this perk works? ok then

  • It usually works for me, unless I've been in the locker too long and it straight up deactivates and the icon greys out.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    It usually works for me, unless I've been in the locker too long and it straight up deactivates and the icon greys out.

    any tips how to time it then? it's not working properly whenever he is in front of it, it's 9/10 just NOT working; sometimes it works when he's passed it (like way out of range)

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/411423#Comment_411423

    any tips how to time it then? it's not working properly whenever he is in front of it, it's 9/10 just NOT working; sometimes it works when he's passed it (like way out of range)

    Honestly I couldnt tell you. I ran it for like a week and had one or two misses, but most just stunned regardless of if they walked past or not. It seems that you have to "hit" them AFTER the exit animation. It not the doors that stun, it's you moving after. So maybe try to jump sooner?

    I never really had problems with it other than the time like I said it just gave up and I hopped out in front of an EW3 Meyers at the exit...

  • It's a toss-up on working correctly (or at least while using it in a range that would dictate a common sense application). With how much luck you need to get it to work right, may as well have been part of Ace's unlockables. Definitely needs looked at.

  • the problem isnt as such the range, but at what point the killer gets the stun. It's only when you finished the animation that they get stunned, but before that they can grab or hit you

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/411425#Comment_411425

    Honestly I couldnt tell you. I ran it for like a week and had one or two misses, but most just stunned regardless of if they walked past or not. It seems that you have to "hit" them AFTER the exit animation. It not the doors that stun, it's you moving after. So maybe try to jump sooner?

    I never really had problems with it other than the time like I said it just gave up and I hopped out in front of an EW3 Meyers at the exit...

    i saw a youtube video about this perk and it said it activated on SPACE hit. So before the animation. But maybe i can try your approach and see if i can hit it earlier.

  • I have an issue with this too. It works when they’re a few meters from the locker only but sometimes it doesn’t work.

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/411430#Comment_411430

    i saw a youtube video about this perk and it said it activated on SPACE hit. So before the animation. But maybe i can try your approach and see if i can hit it earlier.

    Oh wow. I cant imagine it works that way or the stun would be happening while you're still exiting. But since I dont think we have actual frame hitbox confirmation, that may be the case. I'd say try it out a couple times one way, then the other, and see if there is a difference.

    It also may be slight desync like when you're already running after a vault, but still get hit.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/411433#Comment_411433

    Oh wow. I cant imagine it works that way or the stun would be happening while you're still exiting. But since I dont think we have actual frame hitbox confirmation, that may be the case. I'd say try it out a couple times one way, then the other, and see if there is a difference.

    It also may be slight desync like when you're already running after a vault, but still get hit.

    This is the video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsz8dVXTsmQ