I’m losing hope for this game.
Let’s be clear, I love this game from the bottom of my heart. I spent more than 1200 hours of my life in this project and I feel myself great about it. Since the release of DbD, I saw a lot of patches that caused drastic changes on balance, mechanics, the feel of the game itself. They could be deserved and well anticipated and some of those were unexpected and in some kind of shocking, but I accepted them and kept playing the game. When I launched DbD, I was sure that I would have fun one way or another: by escaping from menacing grasp of the Killer and failing it because of silly decisions or destroying hopes of Survivors for any escape (tunneling and camping included).
But now I’m losing that feeling. Why, you ask me? Because I’m getting tired of this game. This feeling is caused by problems it contains nowadays. Those multiple issues make my experience less and less enjoyable. Let me list those glaring drawbacks that DbD had in a while:
Premature changes in Matchmaking system that significantly increased time that is required for the Killer to create a lobby and then returning to previous system, where infinite waiting for the 4th survivor aren’t uncommon (I hope dedicated servers will solve all those issues and that community of the game won’t disappear completely until it’s implemented). And now more than a half of my games as the Killer are going with only 3 Survivors (same issue from Survivor side);
FPS drops to 1 FPS (I know that my potato PC has massive limitations in all sorts of things, from graphics to performance, but I certainly know that it supports game’s minimal requirements. So why I suffer from these drops while chasing or being chased (the worst feeling)?)
Half-baked piping system, which offers more punishment and discouragement rather than reward. Killers have to “play with their food” while risking to lose the game completely because of game changing perks or items (such as Adrenaline or Key). Survivors aren’t able to play the way they want because DbD require them to be versatile, even if it harms their safety. Devs, if you read this, I want you to think of adding rewards for certain ranks, because right now this system doesn’t encourage players to get to higher ranks as you wanted. Giving players a reason to play DbD in order to get more Irridescent Shards or even exclusive items might partially solve the problem with DC’s and Deranking exploit.
Unavailability to play as one of the best Killers properly (I’m talking about Myers). Recently I played as Spirit all of the time, earning more BP for leveling up, and then I wanted to pick Myers, just to remember the basics. And what I experienced in this. Pure suffering. I couldn’t get my Evil Within, even though I had clear vision of Survivor. I think the cause of this bug is connected with the mirror that was on him last time I played as Myers. Hope it’s going to fixed sooner or later.
Well, those are my personal issues with the game. I don’t know if any of those are going to be fixed as I see fit, but I can say with certainty that they are gonna be reviewed and solved in one way or another.
In conclusion, I want to appeal to Developers Team of DbD. I wish only the best for you (patience, desire to work on the game with fan base, inspiration) and I hope you will keep DbD alive on gaming arena and in our hearts.
Comments
Yeah, the devs do need to fix these issues. The game is in the "Dark Ages" as I would call it, I don't think it's ever been this bad aside from the nightmare-ish howling grounds patch of 2018. These problems have lasted for far too long and the devs aren't even really acknowledging them, I'd rather them hold off on the new content and just fix everything that's wrong with the game first.
@PhantomMask20763 Yeah, I have to admit: I just recently returned to the game. And with the state it's in, after only a couple of weeks of return-playing, I have to really dredge up the motivation to click the PLAY button in Steam.
@Kilmeran I still play it on a regular basis, but I still feel like not playing even when I'm in the lobby
What Myers bug are you referring to? I didn't know he was bugged, I've been playing as him.
On the rest, my advice would be if you're tired of the game, then why not simply take a break? Many people do this all the time. Devs have a lot on their plate, and the best thing we can do is be patient.
@PhantomMask20763 I've been playing at least a couple matches a night. Except for tonight. Tonight I might visit Overwatch for a match or two. Not sure, though, since I walked away from it back in Feb.
Sometimes I want to play, but then for whatever reason I just don't. I still come to the forums, hell sometimes I launch the game. But I never make or join a match.
Nothing is drawing me in especially to play.
As a killer, there is 0 reward, it can be very tedious and frustrating.
As survivor, I have to rely on complete and utter meat heads, it's really not fun without at least 1 friend.
Both sides suffer from a lack of fun, no rewards for ranking up and getting better at the game, no reward (except a few shards) for leveling up, but devotion oddly enough gives nothing (The Irony is to real). And now this ranking system, that forces killers and survivors to do certain things, that they cannot always help, thus not ranking up for those who do care about that. This screams no fun and tedium.
Anyway you look at it, this is not a good spot to be in. And we can't ignore the facts, people are not enjoying the game. 27% dip? Even with a DLC being launched so recently? Players should be coming back not leaving. Something somewhere went horribly wrong. And we can point at multiple different thing, but we need to look at them all together.
Many issues from the past are still present, and new ones arrive every patch, and no it's not just audio or bug issues. It's perks, killers, survivors, player mentality, the lack of gaining anything for your hard work, and the ever increasing grind, with no compensation to help nullify that ever growing issue.
Yes, the DEVs are trying their best, and we need to be patient. But everyone else must understand, that this anger and frustration doesn't come from nothing, it might seem minuscule to one person, but to another, it's the only thing they care about, so listen closely.
It'd be a great shame for this game to go down in such horrible shape.
@Kilmeran I've walked away from Overwatch a while ago, the fun I used to have just, isn't there anymore, which saddens me because I loved that game so much, I hope this next event will bring me back, even if it's just for a while
It sounds to me like your fundamental issue is that you've played 1200 hours. All of the big issues you've listed are minor imho compared to issues plaguing the game a year ago.
@PhantomMask20763 Yeah, same here. Though I imagine once I play through the new Archives PvE event once, maybe twice, the attraction will wear off. That happened to me with the Blackwatch one last year, too.
I have a ton of coins banked, so I ended up just buying the couple of skins I wanted, and called it an event. I've a feeling this year will wind up the same way for me.
Shame. I loved the characters, but the game play is just so stale now. But, I had a good three year run in it. I got my money's worth.
I can't just play one game anymore. Nowadays, I have to have a couple to play, since my gaming mood will shift from night to night. Maybe it's a middle-age thing, I dunno. I'll keep playing DbD, but I'm deciding on another game since Overwatch isn't drawing me anymore. Apex Legends was a bust. So was Realm Royale. Try as I might, I cannot get into the battle royale genre.
@Swiftblade131 No offense, but to me your first statement said it all.
I think it's a bit odd that you make points and want to be heard, but then for whatever reason you have no interest in playing.
I mean, I still see people enjoying the game, I just got 2 of my friends to purchase it through the weekend special and they love it. Granted that is only 2 new people, but the game still has potential and I am optimistic that once the devs can get the matchmaking system squared away it will bring new blood into their game.
I suggest this is because of the installed config for potato PCs. It makes models so sharp that you can actually hurt your eyes while looking at them. I hadn’t played Myers for a long time, so I had no idea that this could happen.
No interested in playing anymore, much of because of the reasons I stated later on.
Doesn't mean one can't put input in. There is a reason for not wanting to play, it's not out of nowhere. And yes good for you for enjoying the game.
But while there people enjoying and still playing, there are people not enjoying and still playing, and people who have given up all together.
I will readily come back once things get fixed. Currently, there is just no drive to play.
I agree. They need to fix these. Hitboxes and toxicity are the main culprits of my dislike for this game. I still love it nonetheless, especially with all the cool characters they're coming out with. Pretty disappointed that Ash doesn't have his shotgun or chainsaw though. OchiDo is also ruining the reputation of this game, it's making EVERYBODY toxic. It's annoying. I'm over here watching his videos, hearing him yell at the top of his lungs "DC DUUUUUUUD" like:
Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 7.39.44 PM.pngI enjoy the game, but I honestly don't hold a lot of hope for it. I know that a lot of folks out there are banking on dedicated servers. Unfortunately, my hope for that isn't high, either.
The issue with dedicated servers is that they aren't anything to look forward to on their own. Behavior has to invest in good, stable dedicated servers, and they have to have people who know how to write stable netcode.
Given Behavior's track record to date, I don't have a lot of hope, especially for their netcode. Now, I hope they prove me wrong, but only time will tell.
As it stands, if I were a betting man, I would not be putting money down in favor of Behavior.
The biggest mechanic I don't like in the game is that survivors seem to have all the power. a 4man SWF with flashlights can completely wreck you.
You are supposed to be an invulnerable killer -- yet survivors run up to you with no fear.