Daily rituals might be ruining the game
Daily rituals are a great idea; it rewards players for completing different objectives and often trying new killers/survivors. But here are the reasons why I think it should get a (pretty big) rework, and here im just gonna talk about killers but there's plenty to say about survivors:
As annoying as it can be, camping is considered by the devs as a valid strategy, which I understand in some cases. When playing survivor, I of course don't enjoy being camped but sometimes you have to admit that the killer has no other or better option than to stay close to the hook in order to secure a kill (when the gates are opened for example). But the thing that triggers most people (me included) is mostly when a killer decides to camp as a play-style, and not as a situational strategy. As a killer main, I know that camping is dumb because if the survivors are not too stupid, they'll just do gens while you stay close to the hook sadly, asking yourself why you wouldn't try to get other survivors which would give you way more blood points than just getting this one kill. And that's where the problem is:
Sometimes, camping will earn you more blood points than an average game because of the daily rituals, and this literally rewards camping. And it sucks. Because there are a lot of DBD players, and thus a lot of daily rituals per day, and how many of your games today will be a player that has to sacrifice survivors with a killer they never use? If you get a daily on a killer with no addons, no perks whatsoever and your goal is to kill 2 survivors, your only efficient option is sadly to camp them in order to secure the kills. No one wants to lose their time and I'm sure it's often the reason why people camp.
But maybe I'm wrong, what do you guys think? It's something I've been thinking about for a while, I'd be glad to discuss it if you have a different opinion :)
Comments
I wouldn't say they are ruining the game. But we need weekly challenges as well
Some of the dailies don't really make sense to me.... You get 30K for opening an exit gate with a certain survivor... Then you get 30K for shocking 4 survivors as the Doctor.
One could take you a few matches depending on how hard you are trying... and the other in about a minute. Maybe two minutes if those survivors jump in lockers before you can get the first tier of madness on them, by walking close by.
We need daily rituals to make survivors DC tbh would like that to be a daily ritual although it wouldn't be very hard so hmmm....
I'll just click that trash can icon and get a new one.
But if my only option is to sacrifice 2 survivors as a killer I never use, I'll just ignore it. Nurse for example, I can't be bothered, I'm a terrible Nurse player.
Also camping while the gates are open is understandable, they want that 1 kill. Going away from the hook means they all escape.
I don't support camping whole game though.
This thread's certainly past the point where Revivify will bring it back...