Killer Ranking Skill Disappointment

So, I main the Spirit and I'm decently good at her, like, better than most spirits. But I don't play many other killers so I'm very comfortable with her power and how she can move around, really proficient with mind games and jukes and all that stuff that comes with playing our favorite ghost.


But I want to play Plague and I'm committed to learning but because I main the Spirit, I'm pretty much handicapped at the ranks I play at due to not being used any other killer. Now, I get "git gud" will be screamed at me but like, I don't feel like being bullied every game cause I fail at loops and all that stuff. I just want to be able to learn basic killer stuff so I can learn Plague efficiently. That is all.

Comments

  • @WheatThinO Well, if you want help with learning Plague then why not change your post's name to "Plague Tips?" or something like that?

  • @WheatThinO, I understand exactly what you're saying. I'd always felt that Killers should have their own, individual rank since one Killer can play very differently from another.

    At the same time, though, I'm fully aware that from a resource and coding standpoint, that might not have been viable.

  • Puke on stuff often. Not only does it give you BP but it will infect the object for 35 seconds at base (up to 50 with stacked add-ons). It can act as an early warning system (think Surveillance but for more than just gens).

    When chasing a survivor don't go crazy trying to puke on them until they are Broken. This is a big mistake I see Plague's make. If they are out in the open or in a bad position, yea go for it, but if there is a loop close it's often better just to puke on them a little bit to get them sick, then hit them normally. Usually by the time you catch them they will be Broken, which means anyone that saves will get sick also. It takes 1 full puke at base to inflict Broken, so keep this in mind (ie. if you bodyblock someone in a corner it's a guaranteed semi-insta-down... do full puke then hit them, they can't get past you).

    If a survivor is already at a loop, puke on the pallet and window and try to force them to use it to get them sick. Goes back to the previous point.

    Don't go too out of your way to get Corrupt Fountains. If they are far from gens and other important stuff sometimes it's better to keep getting survivors sick until they use one that is closer. This forces them to come to you rather than forces you to leave and waste time.

    Speaking of Corrupt Purge, you should be tactical with it. Don't just always take it the instant you have it available. Be sure to puke on stuff with Vile first before taking it (eg. if it's near a running gen, kick/puke on the gen THEN take Corrupt).

    When you have Corrupt it's basically like a machine gun Huntress with less range. Windows and pallets become unsafe. You can also use it like LF chainsaw and hit multiple survivors at once. Great for catching them coming out of the basement.

    You don't need to fully charge puke to use it, but you do need to charge for about a half second or it auto-cancels. Again, don't always try to fully charge it unless you are in a good position/survivors are in a bad position.

    Effectiveness add-ons are currently her most reliable. The pink add-on that gives you Corrupt when survivor finish a gen is very strong. Apples I find are good too, and while they can stack you are better off just using 1.

    She is weak to loops, so you will need Brutal Strength or Enduring/Spirit Fury if you have trouble with loops. It's hard for her to mind game because she is so tall, so you often just have to power through the loop.

  • @thesuicidefox

    I agree with everything he says, except, the last point.

    She is only weak to "certain loops" She has projectile and Trappers speed. She is stronger in loops than huntress. She can shoot through windows and vaults like huntress, but if the pallet is down and they crouch, that is one of the few counterplays to her vomit, otherwise, spray and pray, you'll get better at doing the sprinkler to down survivors, but it's effective, as you just have to touch them with vomit, you don't have to actually get any certain amount on them. Especially with Corrupt Just hit them a little and it does the full one health state damage. Normal vomit will get them sick with just the smallest touch as well. then the chase will put them in broken, if you don't get them hit before then.

    Know your loops and know your power, unlike huntress, Plague can vomit over walls and the vomit will fall down hitting survivors on the other side. Plague is stronger than huntress, and once people get more experience with her, she will be top tier next to Nurse, Spirit and Billy.

  • Get really close to the survivor with your vomit charged and puke everything on the survivor to make them broken. Then get an M1. Ez downs.

  • @HURRI_KAIN I mean she is weak to loops unless she has Corrupt. If she only has Vile then she can be looped just like any other 115 killer. If she has Corrupt, she becomes more like Huntress where she can break certain loops, or make the pallet/window very unsafe. But since you will spend majority of your time with Vile (unless you have the pink add-on) then you're going to have to deal with loops like normal killers. The only benefit you might get with Vile is that if they become Broken then you don't have to worry as much about doing a new loop after you hit them. But they can still indeed loop you while Broken.

  • Even without corrupt, unless you're in Lery's or the Game, she can puke over most walls, T walls Z walls etc, if you watch through the wall where they are moving (like on farm maps) then you know where to puke, puke high over walls it falls on them. Like you said once they get sick and then broken one shot them. Corrupt is VERY powerful for this reason, if you have corrupt you can literally be on the other side of a wall and down them while they are working on a gen on the other side of the wall. Only a few people have realized and used her to her potential. She is very strong. They can loop you, but She's not a 110% killer. So loops aren't that bad. If they are looping you badly, go puke on someone else lol. Then you can pick up corrupt. PS. ALWAYS puke on hooked survivors if they are not infected.

  • Honestly, you could always take a break from killer for a while, let your rank slip on resets and learn that way. Grind back up. I used hag and wraith to get to rank 8 one season then tried to learn nurse on console. Never again. I wont DC or try to depip for easier games. But I dont try as hard anymore and on resets I wait a few days, then try my less experienced killers.

  • @HURRI_KAIN said:

    Even without corrupt, unless you're in Lery's or the Game, she can puke over most walls, T walls Z walls etc, if you watch through the wall where they are moving (like on farm maps) then you know where to puke, puke high over walls it falls on them. Like you said once they get sick and then broken one shot them. Corrupt is VERY powerful for this reason, if you have corrupt you can literally be on the other side of a wall and down them while they are working on a gen on the other side of the wall. Only a few people have realized and used her to her potential. She is very strong. They can loop you, but She's not a 110% killer. So loops aren't that bad. If they are looping you badly, go puke on someone else lol. Then you can pick up corrupt. PS. ALWAYS puke on hooked survivors if they are not infected.

    The thing is Vile won't help you break the loop. If it's a strong loop you still have to power through it, albeit only once because they may already be injured from Broken. But once they are Broken, she is basically just an m1 killer.

    Also it's better to puke on them when they are in dying than on a hook particularly if you have BBQ so you don't waste time and lose the aura. It's also easier to do, puking on a hooked survivor is tricky, sometimes it doesn't work. Prolly a bug though.