Rank 1 Killer Queue Times

No bs, 15 minutes and counting, I'm still waiting for the lobby to fill. What is going on...

Comments

  • Under the emblem changes, it's easier to de-pip or safety pip than to pip, now. Especially in the upper ranks.

    This is what happens when people want Rank to equate more to skill. Let's be honest, for too long Rank basically meant one put a lot of time into DbD. Play enough hours, and you'd rank up eventually.

    The problem with any type of "skill based" rank system is that a minority of the player base will be in the top ranks. This is true of every such system, whether it's in Overwatch, Paladins, LoL, or wherever. A majority of the player base actually hovers, on average, in the upper-low ranks to the mid middle-ranks.

    Now, granted, this new emblem scoring system still needs a lot of work. But if the Devs are aiming for rank to be more dependent on player skill, then the Red Ranks are always going to have longer queues. It's inevitable under such a system. Even in the other games I mentioned, if you're in the upper ranks, you are very slow getting matches. The player-pool is limited. Then again, those game studios were wise enough not to make Ranked their only mode. There's a reason they all have a Quick Play mode as well.

  • Swords United 02042019015629.jpg Out of Nowhere Is Spetsnaz 02042019015810.jpg I Saw 14000605 Futures 02042019015957.jpg

    I can think about more of this if you want...